SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Updated with final pictures from camping trip this week
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Updated with final pictures from camping trip this week Login/Join 
Picture of OttoSig
posted
Figured some levity could be used in the Lounge as of late…taking my oldest two and the dog back up to Cunningham Falls State Park for the week, this time 5 days 4 nights, they are both a bit older so should be a better time for me, less babysitting, I’ll post some photos and what not.

We’re getting the camper and truck packed up today!

Best friend from the Navy is coming up from DC for two of the nights!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: OttoSig,

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6337 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
Them aliens is everywhere, stay vigilant! Smile

Hope you all have a great time. Enjoy!

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8532 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chbibc:
Them aliens is everywhere, stay vigilant!
You didn't warn the OP of the zombies!

Posts: 6499 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Enjoy! Look forward to the pictures of the scenery.

Posts: 849 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
What if Candace Owens beams down from a UFO near the falls? I mean I don’t think you can get away. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7686 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
And so it begins

Beef stew and rice first night.

Posts: 6337 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Would love to have them here during the Monarch butterfly migration, I’ve heard they don’t cut the vegetation here because it’s vital to the monarchs.

Day two hike to enjoy this excellent late spring Maryland weather!

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
You and your family look to be having entirely too much fun! Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16250 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We used to love Cunningham Falls when we lived in Frederick. Maryland is a lefty nightmare but an absolute beautiful state. I miss the parks and the bike trails. Glad you guys are having fun.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Day two included picking up the little one who wanted to go camping. Concluded with Beef Stroganoff that my son cooked.

Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Day 3 started with be and the little one enjoying time together.

Saved a turtle on the road.

Got some time at the lake after the rain.

Best friend came up from DC and we cook sausages…

Sausages, sautéed onions and peppers, and fried potatoes!

While we cooked the kid made some Stonehenge shit she was really proud of.

Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Day 4 started with a hike in the wrong direction…was a good lesson for my son to pay attention! And led to some good scenery.

Dad strength is a thing, probably 5 miles total on this day with the little one being carried.

Finally made it to the falls…

Little ones loved it, meaning dad got to scale it 3 times, once for each kid!

All together was a good day!

posted Hide Post
Looks like a heck of a good time.

Posts: 1969 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Awesome! You just established some wonderful memories for all.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Appears a good time was had by all.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Your youngest was plum worn out. Great picture!
Glad you all enjoyed the outing!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16250 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Great pictures! The kids will remember this for a long time.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6331 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post