SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Japan hangs six murderers
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Japan hangs six murderers Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
It must take a while to do 6 of them. 15 minutes (give or take) from the time they drop till a Dr confirms no heart beat. Moving them in, staging, last words , prayers, i assume everyone gets a new rope, cutting them down. put in body bag ect. It could take hours .

Posts: 206 | Registered: January 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
If a Japanese disembowels himself to atone for a failure (seppuku), it’s considered to be an honorable act. But if someone else pukus him, not so much…

Does the someone say, "Puk-u!" as he's doing it? j/k

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20081 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott in NCal:
It must take a while to do 6 of them. 15 minutes (give or take) from the time they drop till a Dr confirms no heart beat. Moving them in, staging, last words , prayers, i assume everyone gets a new rope, cutting them down. put in body bag ect. It could take hours .

I believe these condemned were held at different prisons, with the location being tied to the scene of their crime.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32057 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:
Originally posted by Scott in NCal:

I believe these condemned were held at different prisons, with the location being tied to the scene of their crime.

I pretend no expertise in this matter (seriously, none at all LOL) , the reason I thought it might all be done at one location is the descriptions and pictures of the execution chamber are described in the singular , the chamber. Also, from the best I can tell all of these people were convicted of same crime, same time and place. Specifically the Tokyo subway. The scene of the crimes were the same. Perhaps the Japanese have several of these things. They don't look to expensive to build, and in the off season close the curtains, bring in tables and chairs and instant conference room, specializing in agenda items that have a deadline.

Posts: 206 | Registered: January 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
there was a risk that he’d be decapitated when hung.

That's why they have a drain conveniently located directly beneath the trap door. Wink

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15864 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:

Does the someone say, "Puk-u!" as he's doing it? j/k

No, they yell Geronimo. Or msybe its the one being executed as he jumps off the chair. Especially the one being executed who hopes to levitate. I'd vote for national TV.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18394 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
The three buttons for the trapdoor are interesting. To help keep the whole thing in the green I suggest selling chances to press the button and a gift shop.

Oh yes, the death row in my prison would have a gift shop.

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
The three buttons for the trapdoor are interesting. To help keep the whole thing in the green I suggest selling chances to press the button and a gift shop.

Oh yes, the death row in my prison would have a gift shop.

I wonder if they rotate teams of button-pressers? Statistically if one were to press the button on three skels then you would be certain to be 'the guy' on one drop. OTOH, why let one guy have all the fun if he works out which one is the real button?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 6003 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anarion
posted Hide Post
Well, better late then never...hope they interred them in common grave along with the corpses of rabid animals...

==============================
On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory.
Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 3106 | Location: Houston | Registered: December 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
I find it strange to read this topic just after neck surgery.

Posts: 1140 | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About 23 years too late but glad they killed them. Hope they let them strangle rather than snap.

Posts: 3108 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post