SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    spacecraft collides w asteroid
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

spacecraft collides w asteroid Login/Join 
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Target practice.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Who knows, in a couple of decades from now that Assteroid will be found to have wobbled in it's trajectory and now on a collision course with the Earth since Nasa hit it and changed it's future path..

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
NASA’s asteroid-smashing spacecraft worked—and produced a few surprises

All the excess celebrations aside, that is pretty cool. Well, unless we hit something and put it on a worse course!

{Sorry - Nat Geo requires an email but no subscription to get free access, if anyone finds a site without that need please post}

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12419 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You just better hope they don't launch one of those things aimed at Uranus.
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
...Assteroid...
he he

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Witticism pending...
Picture of KBobAries
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104: They did. A small cube satellite was deployed a couple of weeks ago to follow behind at about 30 miles and took pictures of the impact.

Thank you. I'll search.

Dan

I'm not as illiterate as my typos would suggest.

Posts: 3529 | Location: Big city, SW state, alleged republic | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post