SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Become legal?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Become legal? Login/Join 
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted
If a person is here illegally, and has not otherwise gained any other illegal marks. Just here illegally. What does it take to become legal?

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6401 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Someone here illegally can only adjust status from their home country. In other words, they can apply for an immigrant visa just like everybody else, but can't do it using a US address. They would have to attend interviews during the process making it difficult to game the system.

There are some situations where relief can be granted by an immigration judge.

Posts: 11206 | Location: The Magnolia State | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I kind of thought it wasn't easy.
Best to leave and then come back legally.

How did we ever get started this way anyway? Years ago the only reference I heard was when the Feds show up, all the illegals run out the back door.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6401 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
How can a bank robber legally deposit the money in the bank he is stealing it from while standing at in the lobby in front of the teller he just held up?

"We"... "got this way", by the several justices that legislate from the bench rather than upholding the constitution and the laws of the land by allowing thier political views override integrity and honor.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44460 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I'm a legal immigrant

I know this one Big Grin

you have to leave the country and go through the process from your home country

you also need to disclose that you were here illegally and depending on what you did while you were here, you may or may not be approved for lawful entry

if you don't disclose and they find you back in the country they will be very bad to you

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53786 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post