SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Milwaukee Electric Mower - first impressions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Milwaukee Electric Mower - first impressions Login/Join 
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted
To start off, I have a small yard, it normally takes me about 45 minutes to mow, weed and finish up. I Have been using a Honda mower (genuine Honda, not just Honda engine) for several years now.

I saw the new Milwaukee and since I had sold some things and had a couple hundred in gift cards, I went ahead and purchased one. I used it for the first time this past week and I love it.

It has much more torque (well duh) that my 186CC Honda ever did. I can mow through tall grass without slowing at all. It mulches well and is really light. I really cannot tell much difference from self-propelled to pushing it myself. It also can propel itself fast enough that I would have to jog to keep up.

The only thing I do not like is that the mower discharge is on the left, that is really odd to me. The batteries are half the cost of the mower, after 20 minutes they still showed 100% life. I will mow again tomorrow now that the grass has grown and see how the batteries do.

I consolidated with Milwaukee so I can use the mower batteries on many other tools. I still have my Stihl blower, edger, weed eater and chainsaw. Milwaukee makes a device for about $100 that can use the battery for 120vac power. That will come in handy with the 12 amp hour mower batteries. I can use it to power an LED light and it should last for a long time.

I'll put some more updates up as I use it, feel free to ask questions I may not have answers. So far it gets a 9.5 out of 10 (and I have been using gas mowers for 40 years now).

Posts: 4110 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I've kinda committed to the DeWalt brand, but damn, their mower is crazy expensive. I'm not sure I can bite that bullet.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38676 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
I've kinda committed to the DeWalt brand, but damn, their mower is crazy expensive. I'm not sure I can bite that bullet.

I paid for 2/3 of it selling junk I don't use and the gift card. If it want for that I'd probably stick with the Honda. I think I paid about $700 for that several years ago. Plus I get 10% Veterans discount.

Posts: 4110 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:

How do you like your 'Toasted Marshmallows'? Razz

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8886 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Ryobi here, going into my 2nd summer with it

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15323 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wear my ears when mowing,
Do you folks wear your muffs when mowing with electrics?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54640 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Honda started to die a few years ago and went swimming during Hurricane Ida. I bought a Cub Cadet, HATED it so I bought an EGO. works great, my lawn is a postage stamp sized

I don't wear muffs for the electric mower, for all my other gas powered items I do as they are 2 stroke still

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
When I bought my house my mother gave me a HomeDepot gift card, and about the only thing I really needed was a set of lawn tools. I really only shopped for a Honda mower and gas equipment but noticed on an endcap a complete set of DeWalt battery gear. Mower/weed eater/blower/trimmer. The guy who helped me get the box on the cart said if I hate it just bring it back.

Been using everything in the box for 1 1/2 years now with no problems and I've added a pole saw and a vacuum. Battery life is great and I've no regrets. Maybe if Milwaukee had been on the end cap that day my life would be red instead of yellow.

Posts: 1986 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
I wear my ears when mowing,
Do you folks wear your muffs when mowing with electrics?

Bluetooth earbuds with music.
Passive noise canceling like foam earplugs due to the way they sit in your ears.

Mostly just for the music, the sound attenuation is a bonus.
My mower is really quiet, to the point of being able to talk to someone on the porch with a slightly raised voice.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15323 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
No ear plugs needed for the mower, but currently all the rest of my equipment is gas so I have them in. Did my whole yard today and had 3/4 battery life left. Also had the mulching blade on today, I'd give that about 7 out of 10 since it left some leaves untouched but did well overall.