SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Insert iPods. Music starts playing. I DON’T WANT THAT…
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Insert iPods. Music starts playing. I DON’T WANT THAT… Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted
Good morning Borg Collective,

Title says it all. When I insert my iPods, music starts playing from the point where I last played the music. Happened just now with my iPad, and the last time I was playing music on it was like 3 weeks ago on a deadhead flight. Put my iPods in, and the music picked up where I had stopped it on that flight. Some good Gerry Mulligan stuff, but still…

I don’t want that crap to happen!! How in the name of Zeus’s BUTTHOLE do I turn off that (unwanted) “feature”?? It’s annoying as shit and answers to that question on Al Bore’s Interwebs are not very forthcoming…

Thanks, gang!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The same BS happens when I get into my car with the Bluetooth turned “on” on my iphone and car stereo. Apple Music fires up and starts jammin’, even if I’ve previously totally shut down the app. Drives me absolutely bonkers!!

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Do you mean AirPods?

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8942 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
That's what Apple wants...They don't care what YOU want! They make the choices for you...

We are the Borg...You must assimilate! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8877 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Link

How do I stop the Music app from opening on my iPhone when I plug in my headphones?

I've got an iPhone 6 running the latest software. I've noticed since a few updates ago that when I plus in my headphones the Music app opens, even when the phone is locked. I find this really irritating, as there are obviously a lot of other reasons I would plug in my headphones other than to use that app. It also opens to the same song each time (first song alphabetically), instead of something more logical like the last song I listened to.

Answer:

(This is almost as annoying as the time they assumed everyone wanted a free U2 album in their music library. Please don't make assumptions on my behalf!)

I believe this feature is part of Suggested Apps. It thinks you want to listen to music so it automatically opens music for you when headphones are detected, likely because you have been doing this a lot recently.

You can't disable this behavior specifically, but you can turn off app suggestions altogether by going to Settings > General > Handoff & Suggested Apps > turn off switch labeled 'Installed Apps'.

Posts: 23423 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Outnumbered:
The same BS happens when I get into my car with the Bluetooth turned “on” on my iphone and car stereo. Apple Music fires up and starts jammin’, even if I’ve previously totally shut down the app. Drives me absolutely bonkers!!

Yes it's a PIA, you can't stop this with the car play settings on the phone.

You have to go to the settings on the car, you can disable apple car play from automatically starting when you connect the phone.

Posts: 23423 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Originally posted by Outnumbered:

You have to go to the settings on the car, you can disable apple car play from automatically starting when you connect the phone.

AndroidAuto is similar, but split permissions.
I have mine set to start AA, but not resume music.
I listen to the local FM on my drive in to the office & Spotify via AA on the drive home.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15304 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Do you mean AirPods?

I was wondering exactly where he was inserting those iPods?

Posts: 1995 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

I’ll be giving that a try in about a half hour. My truck only started doing this in this last six months and I’ve had my iPhone for two years. The kids don’t drive by themselves yet, but maybe they turned it on when I wasn’t looking.

Posts: 10932 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Do you mean AirPods?
Yes sir. My bad…thanks for the correction. [two thumbs up]

LOL @ straightshooter… Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

@HRK…THANKS!! But the menu structure has changed. It is now…

Settings > General > AirPlay & Handoff > Handoff (turn off).

HOPEFULLY that does the trick. Will report back, but am not very optimistic this will resolve the issue.

Bonus…in that menu structure, I found “Background App Refresh”. I didn’t need one single app in that list to continue updating in the background. All turned off, and I have to guess that HAS to improve battery performance.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post