SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What has Congress done so far this year? Some stats
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What has Congress done so far this year? Some stats Login/Join 
posted
https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/statistics

Compared to previous sessions going back many years, congress looks to be a bit behind.
But maybe that's a good thing.

I'm starting to look thru the list of 40 bills passed to date. I'm sure I'll get to the ones promised to us soon.

What's your take on our reps so far? Confused

Posts: 3972 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the current age of hyper partisanship, I don't think "getting things done" is of as much significance as it used to be. Passing bills on party lines only to have them repealed by the next Congress keeps the country lurching back and forth. Besides, almost everything they pass(either party) shifts more and more power to Washington and away from us. Nothing wrong with a little grid lock.

Posts: 9023 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
I have often felt that when drafting the Bill of Rights, the drafters started off with "Congress shall pass no law" and should have stopped right there.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post