SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Lens Replacement Surgery. Anyone had it done?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lens Replacement Surgery. Anyone had it done? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
So far she's only had one consultation. They said that the procedure for both eyes would be around $15k. Insurance wont contribute, so we'd be out the whole amount.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3640 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Harleysbluff:

it’s just gonna cost you a bunch of money.
I had both eyes done at Filutowski Eye Clinic -- they are a huge multi-location outfit here in Central Florida.

It did not cost me "a bunch of money." With Medicare and Supplement, my total out-of-pocket cost was $45 for each eye. This was for the post-surgery eye drops that were not covered by my MediCare plan.

Same with my wife, a few years later, except for some reason (I forget why), she used three separate types of eye drops instead of the all-in-one that I used.

You missed the point - insurance will not pay for cataract surgery if you don’t have cataracts - if you want a lens exchange ( with no cataracts ) at 30, 40, 50 years old, you’re paying the full load …

MDS

Posts: 396 | Registered: November 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
So far she's only had one consultation. They said that the procedure for both eyes would be around $15k. Insurance wont contribute, so we'd be out the whole amount.

Ouch, that's a tough pill to swallow.
I'd had $4-6k in my head as the number for ICL, which seems in line with current Lasik cost.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 16036 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post