SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    December 21, 1945
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

December 21, 1945 Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted
General George S. Patton died.

George S. Patton/Quotes

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.

A good plan violently executed right now is far better than a perfect plan executed next week.

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won’t.

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.

Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.

Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory.

No poor bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making other bastards die for their country.

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

If a man does his best, what else is there?

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I had the opportunity to visit his grave when I was 16 years old.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
A true hero. A true leader of men.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
"Fixed fortifications are a monument to the stupidity of man."

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post