SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Discrimination in America
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Discrimination in America Login/Join 
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted
Does anyone else find it ironic that it is illegal to discriminate against a person based on their race, creed, color, religion or sexual preference, but it appears perfectly acceptable to discriminate based on a persons political ideology?

Seems to me like that was the one of the basic freedoms that this country was founded on. Or am I missing something?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38008 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Does anyone else find it ironic that it is illegal to discriminate against a person based on their race, creed, color, religion or sexual preference...
Actually white, male, straight, Christian, men are discriminated against continually, which has become completely acceptable (even required) by those on the left. Ideology is just the next item on the list. Just sayin'....

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Does anyone else find it ironic that it is illegal to discriminate against a person based on their race, creed, color, religion or sexual preference...
Actually white, male, straight, Christian, men are discriminated against continually, which has become completely acceptable (even required) by those on the left. Ideology is just the next item on the list. Just sayin'....

This.

And its gets more and more "OK" to do so every year.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That’s not discrimination, that’s justice. White males with they’re hateful ideology are finally getting what they deserve.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3548 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
That’s not discrimination, that’s justice. White males with they’re hateful ideology are finally getting what they deserve.
Was there supposed to be a sarcasm emoji on that? (And it's "their", not "they're"....)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Was there supposed to be a sarcasm emoji on that? (And it's "their", not "they're"....)

flashguy
Was wondering the same thing...

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by highroundcount:
quote:
quote:

This.

^^^

Yep, I feel if your are NOT in one of the so-called protected groups aka white, male, Christian THEN you are in for trouble.

Posts: 22953 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of adobesig
posted Hide Post
Anyone who has experienced hate and has not allowed hate to corrupt them, will find no justice or comfort when hate is aimed others.

Posts: 1089 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Was there supposed to be a sarcasm emoji on that?

I didn't think it was really needed, due to the hyperbole. Wink

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10795 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
quote:
quote:
Was there supposed to be a sarcasm emoji on that?

I didn't think it was really needed, due to the hyperbole. Wink

It was perfectly clear to me......

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3497 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by highroundcount:
quote:
quote:

This.

More OK? Hell it's a sport or a hobby for many.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20848 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When you are deplorable................

Posts: 12748 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Anyone else notice how "White Male Privilege" bears a striking resemblance to "The Elders of Zion" libel promulgated by Herr Adolph?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17471 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Double-Standard, is standard for those who embrace the leftist ideology.

The need to be outraged or, incensed marches ever forward, seeking new groups, cliques and organizations to tamp-down, suppress and crush. Much like the good communists of the past, the revolution continues.

Posts: 14699 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
As a 51 year old white male conservative - Corporate America has a bullseye on our backs. This is on top of overall culture. I never discuss politics or values, but even hobbies like cars, guns, etc seem to be a factor.

I am much more conscious and careful, but at this point feel it is a matter of time. But this will never be acknowledged and will get worse before better. Never mind the daily slights and veiled asks to acknowledge and open insults. Feel like the guy that gets hit by a car and the driver blames me for the dent in his car.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Are any of you saying, in general, you'd rather be a black woman (for example) that a white man?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Are any of you saying, in general, you'd rather be a black woman (for example) that a white man?

It's a good question. I wouldn't rather be a black woman even in the face of 'affirmative action' or what we could call reverse-discrimination. But... I was born a white man. If I was born a black woman, I would like to think I wouldn't rather be something else either. However, Not having walked a mile in those shoes though, I can't really be sure.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24191 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

No.
We are saying that we are sick and tired of being demonized for being White men.
Not a single person in my family, or extended geneology has ever owned a slave.
I believe homosexuality is immoral.
I believe that a man thinking he is a woman is a psychosis.
I believe in treating all individuals as individuals, based on their own qualities.
Having said that, I cannot ignore the FACTUAL differences in IQ and cultural values that have contributed to making my race superior to many others.
Yes, superior.
Not that my racial identity is the top value in my hierarchy, but I am tired of being blamed for other races and cultural groups' inferiority....much of it self inflicted. I have a right to be proud that generally "White" judeo-christian culture is responsible for most of everything that humans call "civilization".
I am sick of being individually penalized and demonized just because my race has been factually superior and more advanced.

If I have "privileges" it is because my ancestors were superior at avoiding enslavement in a world where other races and culture would gladly enslave them.
Because my ancestors established loving, responsible, traditional families. Families in which the men were strong and took personal responsibility. Families in which women were loving and nurturing to the children. Families in which we knew who "men" were and who "women" were. Families in which the men did not abandon their families and children.
Because my family encouraged and promoted education and responsibility.

Yes, I have "privileges". They are things to be proud of and protect; not things to be ashamed of and denigrated.

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

It's a good question. I wouldn't rather be a black woman even in the face of 'affirmative action' or what we could call reverse-discrimination. But... I was born a white man. If I was born a black woman, I would like to think I wouldn't rather be something else either. However, Not having walked a mile in those shoes though, I can't really be sure.

Thanks for that thoughtful answer.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crom:
No.
We are saying that we are sick and tired of being demonized for being White men.
Not a single person in my family, or extended geneology has ever owned a slave.
I believe homosexuality is immoral.
I believe that a man thinking he is a woman is a psychosis.
I believe in treating all individuals as individuals, based on their own qualities.
Having said that, I cannot ignore the FACTUAL differences in IQ and cultural values that have contributed to making my race superior to many others.
Yes, superior.
Not that my racial identity is the top value in my hierarchy, but I am tired of being blamed for other races and cultural groups' inferiority....much of it self inflicted. I have a right to be proud that generally "White" judeo-christian culture is responsible for most of everything that humans call "civilization".
I am sick of being individually penalized and demonized just because my race has been factually superior and more advanced.

Also, thanks. I understand feeling demonized.

I would point out that white European culture is not the only way to a civilized society. China, Japan, and other parts of Asia have done pretty damn well. Their societies are different, to be sure, and we might prefer our way, but you can't say that China, for example, didn't produce a very functional civilization. And I know they borrowed from us, just as we borrowed from other civilizations over the past 15,000 years. Europeans didn't invent agriculture, for example.