SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Edys Slow Churned ice cream, supposed to be "light" ice cream
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Edys Slow Churned ice cream, supposed to be "light" ice cream Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
The mint cookie crunch.... Is frickin awesome. I didn't even realize it's "light" until I had finished off the package and was throwing it away.

If you like ice cream check it out. I love ice cream, and while even light ice cream isn't really good for you, every bit helps I guess and this is damn good.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10731 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Light ice cream seems to me to be related to fat-free Spam® or dry pussy. It's like someone somewhere has lost sight of the target... Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15491 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
That ice cream just has less milkfat in it - less cream and/or lower fat milk vs. whole milk.

There's nothing wrong with that - Italian gelato is similar, much less fat than the usual American ice cream. It's still fantastic.

It does freeze harder with less milkfat, so you need to either not freeze it as cold (which is what is done with gelato) or incorporate a lot more air into it (which is what is done with this stuff).

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob at the Beach
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
Light ice cream seems to me to be related to fat-free Spam® or dry pussy. It's like someone somewhere has lost sight of the target... Big Grin

You made beer come out my nose.

Posts: 1473 | Location: Boardwalk, Va Beach | Registered: March 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:

Look at a package of Breyer's ice cream, once one of the top brands, NOW it can't even be labelled ice cream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
I didn't even realize it's "light" until I had finished off the package and was throwing it away.

If you ate the whole package it's not "light".

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20848 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I like Edy's vanilla, buy it all the time. Well that and Bryers.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5055 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I know of what you speak. This is good stuff. Unfortunately I haven't seen it around lately.

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
The mint cookie crunch.... Is frickin awesome. I didn't even realize it's "light" until I had finished off the package and was throwing it away.

If you like ice cream check it out. I love ice cream, and while even light ice cream isn't really good for you, every bit helps I guess and this is damn good.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
I didn't even realize it's "light" until I had finished off the package and was throwing it away.

If you ate the whole package it's not "light".

LOL... not in one sitting. I am a pig, but not that bad...

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10731 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post