SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How do you orient the angle of your dangle?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How do you orient the angle of your dangle? Login/Join 
No Compromise
posted
For all the stuff you dangle off the end of your Rifles/Pistols/SBRs/Shotties/Romulan Disruptors, and such, at what position do you hang them on?

I put my lasers and lights on the right side of the hand guard (no remote switches), BUIS and Optics on the top and the charging handle on the left side, (for those guns that can be configured that way). Bi-pods, of course, go on the end of the bottom of the hand guard.

I find many do the same.

Anyone else do something different, and why? For instance, is there some advantage to having your lights and lasers both on the bottom? Do you go minimalist, and not mount anything at all?

Please share.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dress left, and never minimalist.

-------------

The sadder but wiser girl for me.

Posts: 1061 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Slightly downward to drain water when piping a tub spout.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
I dress left. Most females are right handed.

Don't be an obstructionist.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Forward and up.

I seldom dangle. But when I do, a am using my Teeter

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6401 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bushpilot
posted Hide Post
My Dad always said "The angle of the dangle is equal to the cutie of the beauty times the heat of the meat". I'm 72 and still remember that joke. Probably a lot of truth in it.

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1143 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
I once read where the angle of the dangle is equal to the mass of the ass.

Of course I was about 8 years old and reading my dad's "special" magazines. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14146 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbsid:
Dress left, and never minimalist.

Hefty lefty or mighty righty.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14146 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm confused. Are we talking about rifles? Or Duluth Bullpec corral underwear? Cool

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1140 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
And here I thought this thread was about tailor made suits.....

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4371 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Kind of a personal question. Wink

Posts: 13715 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
Kind of a personal question. Wink

Yeah, I angle mine so I hit the bowl.

Posts: 10876 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I let gravity take care of it.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7149 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
Sig, Adcor and Spikes all have Surefire on the right w/remote switch nothing on left side as that's my charging side. Other then that my fun gun is hung in the middle. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Yep, I'll go with the gravity thing, too. I find that if I lean forward and put my hand against the wall, gravity handles the aim quite well.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18394 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:

Of course I was about 8 years old and reading my dad's "special" magazines. Big Grin

The angle of the dangle is directly proportional to the heat of the meat.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
And here I thought this thread was about tailor made suits.....

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did you come from behind
that rock, or from under it?

Picture of Audioholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:

The angle of the dangle is directly proportional to the heat of the meat.

I remember that line as:

The angle of the dangle divided by the square of the hair equals the heat of the meat.

"Every time you think you weaken the nation" Moe Howard

Posts: 2050 | Location: Out standing in my field. | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post