SIGforum
I guess I'd be arrested, because if I were on ths plane...

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/8840064434

December 11, 2017, 08:16 AM
parabellum
I guess I'd be arrested, because if I were on ths plane...
...and heard this woman threaten to kill everyone on the plane, I would have gotten up from my seat and probably tried to restrain her, which would likely lead to blows and me knocking out this batshit broad.

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/...-caught-smoking.html

Unconscious, bleeding and hogtied is how you would have landed, dearie. You threaten me in a place that I am unable too leave...
December 11, 2017, 08:22 AM
rocket72
Lol maybe somebody beat you to it.

"The woman, who was later identified as 24-year-old Valerie Curbelo of Sandy, Ore., was physically retrained for the remainder of the flight, according to KOVR, although Southwest has not confirmed those details."

She done got some new training
December 11, 2017, 08:26 AM
Otto Pilot
So she disabled a smoke detector and then lit up due to "anxiety". I wonder how her anxiety level is doing in jail right now?

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon
December 11, 2017, 08:26 AM
sreding
At the end of the vid it looks like a guy is making a move to take care of business after her screeching about killing everyone on the plane. Hope she took an accidental elbow (or 10) to the face as he was helping her.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
--Adam Savage, MythBusters
December 11, 2017, 08:40 AM
Elk Hunter
The one who intervened did not do a proper job.

The bitch apparently walked off the plane.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter
December 11, 2017, 08:44 AM
rsbolo
Wow. That is one scary face of crazy. I sincerely hope she is now on the national No Fly list. (If there is such a thing)

December 11, 2017, 08:56 AM
Rob Decker
quote:
Originally posted by rsbolo:
Wow. That is one scary face of crazy. I sincerely hope she is now on the national No Fly list. (If there is such a thing)

There is, and if she's not on it, she sure as hell isn't ever flying Southwest again.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.
December 11, 2017, 09:02 AM
Bisleyblackhawk
She just needed her support 'roo Razz (since it was a last minute flight, she had to leave it and her support orca back in Oregon)...I don't think she is crazy...I think she is just a pushy, loudmouth bitch used to getting her way in life...

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet
December 11, 2017, 09:14 AM
oddball
Dave Truong would have handled things dandy Big Grin

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965
December 11, 2017, 09:16 AM
feersum dreadnaught
I think I'll tuck a roll of this in my carry on next time I fly.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"
December 11, 2017, 09:19 AM
Sig209
What is it with people freaking out on planes?

I sit down, mind my space, put in my ear-buds and try to relax as much as possible.

But - yes - if an out-of-control passenger attempted to disrupt the craft in flight I would intervene if I could and thought it would help.

I always wear a sturdy belt on flights for this purpose.

-----------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.
December 11, 2017, 09:21 AM
220-9er
They need to have a trash chute for people like that. No need to waste time and money with an unnecessary landing.
Just drop her off and let authorities on the ground know the GPS coordinates.

December 11, 2017, 09:21 AM
blueye
Yup I would give her a knuckle sandwich.
December 11, 2017, 09:55 AM
sgalczyn
The "man" in the suit needed to intervene and not just sit and stare.

"No matter where you go - there you are"
December 11, 2017, 10:01 AM
YooperSigs
Hmmmm.... Says she was booked locally. Isn't this sort of stuff Federally chargeable?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
December 11, 2017, 10:07 AM
V-Tail
I was thinking, "Where is David Truong when you need him?" and OddBall beat me to it with his post.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
December 11, 2017, 10:13 AM
downtownv
I was on a Ft Lauderdale flight when4 Middle east flyers were physically placed in their seats and "supervised by multiple passengers until the plane landed, where the Men in dark suits and sunglasses took them away to an unknown location in the Airport. Never heard a word about it again.

https://www.teampython.com

December 11, 2017, 10:14 AM
Sig2340
Say that on an airplane I'm on, and I'm going to Flight 93 fight-for-my-life.

Repeated hard blows to her throat would either shut her up, or really shut her up

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018
parabellum
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
What is it with people freaking out on planes?
Crammed into a cramped, crowded narow tube, surrounded by strangers and having almost no control over your situation. Some people do not handle this well, although in this case, I think the issue is just someone who can't go more than a few minutes without a cigarette and who has poor impulse control and a big mouth. In other words, a weakling. Loud threats don't mean shit.
mark_a
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:

I always wear a sturdy belt on flights for this purpose.

This is a nice belt for those occasions where you can't be armed with your favorite blaster.

blunt force trauma belt