SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Customer service phrases that serve to irritate rather than help.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Customer service phrases that serve to irritate rather than help. Login/Join 
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
"Is there anything else I can help you with, today?"

After not providing any help whatsoever!

(If they have helped, I polity say "No, thank you".)

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44498 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
"Is there anything else I can help you with, today?"

After not providing any help whatsoever!...

Ditto. Roll Eyes

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
quote:
{Proper name would be nice or Dear Sir or Madam}

Not any more unfortunately.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8760 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Once, while I worked the gun counter at Dicks, a kid about 10 or 12 approached the showcase. I asked "how are you doing today"?
He said "you don't care"
Pretty great comeback from a kid, I gotta say!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16391 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
"This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes".

Posts: 5784 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It bothers me alot when we've been finished and I say, "Thank you" and they say, "No problem".

____

I'm filled with gratitude for the blessings I've received.

Posts: 717 | Location: So Cal | Registered: September 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
"What can I do to earn your business?"

Every car dealer must have used the same training facilitator.

I've been sick of "addressing issues" for years since everyone is afraid to admit to a problem that must be fixed.

The former sound like they should work for a magazine company.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3635 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
“For security reasons, I need to verify your name, address, phone number, birth date, and last four digits of your SSN”

“I’m sorry <for whatever>.” Your feelings of regret only make you feel better and get you off the hook. I want to know what actions you suggest or will take to resolve the issue.

“You can’t change that information online. I will mail a form to you.”
Come on, this is the 21st century. We have the technology. We don’t need no steekin’ paper forms and snail mail to update digital information.

Posts: 4822 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let me transfer you .

why the hell are you even employed if you can not answer questions, fix mistakes, correct problems,
address inconsistencies ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55211 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Otto Pilot:
I am old fashioned in some ways, but if we haven't met and we are talking over the phone, I am Mr. Pilot not Otto
One of my pet peeves, and I do let them know about it.

You pilots seem to be a pretty demanding lot.
Maybe you're just "Holding short" a lot and compensating? (It's a joke "Bub", relax)

Posts: 912 | Location: Tucker, Ga. | Registered: June 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by swordsmn:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Otto Pilot:
I am old fashioned in some ways, but if we haven't met and we are talking over the phone, I am Mr. Pilot not Otto
One of my pet peeves, and I do let them know about it.

You pilots seem to be a pretty demanding lot.
Maybe you're just "Holding short" a lot and compensating? (It's a joke "Bub", relax)
Naahhh, we were just raised with manners. [/relaxed as can be] Wink

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
"It's our policy" does not explain why you cannot do something.

This is the bitch section isn't it? No? Oops. Big Grin

Posts: 4822 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
'your call is important to us'

important enough that you should have answered the phone instead of putting me on hold for 18 minutes, then telling me I have another 25 minute wait and if I press 5 I can leave a call back number....

I called because I wanted to talk with someone, not hear crappy music

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53852 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Press 1 for SPANISH

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
“For security reasons, I need to verify your name, address, phone number, birth date, and last four digits of your SSN”

Then you have to answer the same questions 5 times as you get transferred through the system from one drone to the next.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10755 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
OOOO - look - I can give you an entire broadcast message from the president of our overnight radiology coverage firm. The entire thing is fluff, and does nothing to resolve what are critical response issues today or any time in the next months.

We are experiencing the worst performance in history 4 weeks after this came out.

quote:
As you know, my personal mission each and every day is taking great care of you and your patients. Over the last few weeks, I’ve spoken with many of you, and started the conversation with an apology, and that is where I start this message. Our recent performance clearly reflects the capacity challenges we’re having, the same ones many of you are also probably facing. We worked hard, often collaborating with you, in planning our capacity and demand this year. Unfortunately, our volume growth is twice what we expected, with most of that coming from our existing client base rather than our organic growth efforts. On top of that, market dynamics associated with physician shortages have challenged our recruiting team to be able to meet the demand, despite the fact that we hire more radiologists than anyone in the marketplace.

Regardless, we’re not standing still. With support from our parent company, XXXX, we are making significant investments in multiple areas. First – we’re significantly investing in physician compensation, in the short term by offering bonus compensation for extra shifts, and in the long term by offering overall increased compensation to all physicians, including creating new arrangements for full-time employed positions with benefits. Second – we’re increasing our investment in our technology platform, operational processes, and expanding our national recruiting capability, all with a focus on ensuring we deliver the best possible service 24x7. And finally, we’re taking a measured look at growth, to ensure we don’t continue to outpace our ability to recruit and retain radiologists to service your volume.

I appreciate your collaboration in helping us forecast the volume you share with us, that continues to be very helpful. I know well, and appreciate from the many of you I’ve spoken with, the challenges you face managing TAT expectations on your end. We know you rely on us, and we also understand the pain, expense and risk associated with having to consider switching providers, especially when capacity challenges are so prevalent in the marketplace, regardless of provider.

I’ve asked my team to maintain close dialogue with each of you, so that you can work from the same information we use to manage our business and respond appropriately. Our recent volume forecasts have continued to increase, and are expected to continue through the weekend following July 4th. Specifically we’re expecting our early morning hours to be the most challenging and would appreciate any assistance or coverage you can provide leading into our normal evening coverage hours or starting early prior to our coverage hours ending.

I will continue to reach out to you directly updating you on our progress and I’d ask that you talk to us, and together we will work through these challenges.

Thank you for your patience as we continue to work through these challenges. Please feel free to email me directly at help.com or call me at xxx. If I’m not available, xxxxx will make sure I call you back.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12708 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I can give you an entire broadcast message from the president of our overnight radiology coverage firm. The entire thing is fluff, and does nothing to resolve what are critical response issues today or any time in the next months.

We are experiencing the worst performance in history 4 weeks after this came out.

Glad I do not work there. Not only is it all fluff, much of it is useless corporate speak. I wonder if this guy talks to his wife and kids this way.

Posts: 17534 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Even better - they followed with this today. Clearly edited by the same minion.

The thrust of this message is "we suck at planning, please take on the work you contracted with us to provide until we can maybe do it again." It's interesting to me how they shaped the last few lead ups to this around we're all in this together, leading to this.

quote:
Good afternoon,
I would like to personally thank each of you for your patience and partnership over the last month as we have indeed been challenged by the same widespread radiologist deficits all practices are facing. At XXX, the effects of this challenging market are felt even more acutely as all of your practices and patients are impacted and I sincerely apologize for that. I am, however, very grateful to many of you for taking back after-hours coverage during tough hours and nights and helping tend to patient needs when volume gets ahead of us.

We are seeing double the volume increase we planned for this summer and have many actions underway to return our service to the accustomed level.

I am very proud of our XXX radiologists, all of whom are working long hours right through the summer on behalf of our patients. Our Medical Directors (and myself) are now reading full-time. We have further invested in radiologist compensation and weeks ago began postponing new business and exiting some market segments in an effort to curtail this unanticipated study volume. I can tell you with confidence that there is light at the end of the tunnel. We are pursuing every opportunity we can to meet your expectations and are trending towards significant improvement in September and beyond.

We do have a request of you (beyond your continued patience with us). If you haven’t been able to assist with your after-hours coverage or if you haven’t already staffed for the nights and hours we know will be difficult, I ask that you do so now if at all possible and to whatever degree possible―no matter how small. The next 6 weeks will contain many tough nights, but I am confident that by working and coordinating together we can deliver excellent care this summer.

Please feel free to contact your account manager for any details you may require in the course of planning and thank you in advance for your help and understanding.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12708 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
HAha

Posts: 17534 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post