SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Born a Lutheran :)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Born a Lutheran :) Login/Join 
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted
Each Friday night after work, Ole would fire up his outdoor grill on the shore of Big Lake Wissota and cook a venison steak. But, all of Ole's neighbors were Catholic... And since it was Lent, they were forbidden from eating meat on Friday.

The delicious aroma from the grilled venison steaks wafted over Wissota all the way to Chippewa Falls, and was causing such a problem for the Catholic faithful that they finally talked to their priest.

The Priest came to visit Ole, and suggested that he become a Catholic. After several classes and much study, Ole attended Mass.....and as the priest sprinkled holy water over him, he said, "You were born a Lutheran, and raised a Lutheran, but now you are a Catholic."

Ole's neighbors were relieved, until Friday night arrived, and the wonderful aroma of grilled venison filled the neighborhood.

The Priest was called immediately by the neighbors and, as he rushed into Ole's yard, clutching a rosary and prepared to scold him, he stopped and watched in amazement.
There stood Ole, clutching a small bottle of holy water which he carefully sprinkled over the grilling meat and chanted: "You vuz born a deer, you vuz raised a deer, but now you is a walleye.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Lol!

I recall growing up in the midwest as a Lutheran and the hordes of Catholics around - fish fry Fridays was the rule of the day.

Steak and potatoes for us heathens, with a Wink and a Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Shamelessly stolen!

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another good one. That's two in a row.

Posts: 2695 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Hehehe!!!

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23323 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Too stinkin' funny. Consider this stolen! Big Grin

"Shoot lower, Sheriff, They're ridin' shetlands"
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?

Posts: 1360 | Location: S.E. Wi. | Registered: October 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted Hide Post
My dad's favorite joke.

how did an Arkansas boy hear about Ole and Lena jokes?

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
My Mom and Dad were Missouri Synod Lutherans. (LCMS is one of the more straight-laced synods). Of course, I and all 5 of my brothers were brought up the same way.

My next older brother refers to the Lutheran Church as "Catholic Lite".

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15276 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Are...MARSHALL
Picture of armedmd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
My Mom and Dad were Missouri Synod Lutherans. (LCMS is one of the more straight-laced synods). Of course, I and all 5 of my brothers were brought up the same way.

My next older brother refers to the Lutheran Church as "Catholic Lite".

I always heard Lutherans were Catholics who failed Latin!

Build a man a fire and keep him warm for a night, set a man on fire and keep him warm the rest of his life.

Posts: 1895 | Location: WV | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armedmd:
I always heard Lutherans were Catholics who failed Latin!

That works too. Big Grin

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15276 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stolen. Forwarded to fellow Lutherans! Happy Easter!

Two things bring me to tears. The unconditional Love of God,the service of the United States Military,past,present,and future.

I would rather meet
a slick-sleeve private,
than a hollywood star!

Posts: 2339 | Registered: February 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of taco68
posted Hide Post
Here in our small town, I would guess 40% are Lutheran, 40% are Catholic, and the other 20% are misc. Catholic's refer to the Lutherans as lazy Catholics. Even heard some Lutherans say it also.

Sigs P-220, P-226 9mm, & P-230SL (CCW)

Posts: 2539 | Location: Icebox of the Nation | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post