SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If you didn't know about Gary Sinise, "Lt. Dan" and Veterans...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you didn't know about Gary Sinise, "Lt. Dan" and Veterans... Login/Join 
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted
The video says it all

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38205 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Thanks RW, I have a ton of respect for Gary and all he has done and continues to do. He has made a huge impact. God Bless him.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19709 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Honestly humble. A salt of the earth trait all too scarce.

Posts: 6039 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this!
Smile

Posts: 7740 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
A real descent man who cares for those who served.

Posts: 2837 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Too bad Hollywood doesn't produce more talent like him and Denzel.

Posts: 2427 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by msfzoe:
Too bad Hollywood doesn't produce more talent like him and Denzel.

Amen. I will go out of my way to buy a movie ticket for anything either of these two actors are in.

Posts: 8881 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
A local Vietnamese deli's (the Yum Mi Deli) daily special was a grilled shrimp banh mi named the "Lt. Dan". I busted out laughing.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanx for posting this. This man is a true patriot!!

Posts: 6712 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
A real descent man who cares for those who served.

He fights for those who fought for him.

He has earned brotherhood.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44461 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
The difference between Sinise and other celebs that simply talk into a microphone...Sincerity. Senise truly walks the walk day in and day out. Truly a man I'd love to meet some day.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I believe he is a Marine as well.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19709 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
A fine man!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39230 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Good man.
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
I believe he is a Marine as well.
According to Wiki:
  • 24 August 2012 United States Navy, Honorary Chief Petty Officer
  • 29 August 2013, Honorary Marine
  • 23 March 2016 FDNY, Honorary Battalion Chief

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23660 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Truly a great guy--came and recognized some local vets and their programs to help them find jobs.

Posts: 514 | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post