SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Houston Trump Train - Loop 610 - Nov 1
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Houston Trump Train - Loop 610 - Nov 1 Login/Join 
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted
Mrs HK Ag and I just got back from participating in Houston "Loop 610" Sunday YUGE Trump Train. I heard of the event on Radio Host Michael Berry's show this week. We decided to go and join. It was mentioned that the train would leave at 10:30 and travel around Loop 610 which is 37 miles long.

The lead car did not get out till 11 and we didnt roll out of the lot until about 11:45. Police Chief Acevedo was even there as we left directing cars onto the feeder road. HPD's Fox unit was above us in the parking lot watching.

When we left a guy was on the feeder road counting cars and told us we were #864. There were still a huge number of cars behind us in an overflow parking lot and along a side street. It was so full that cars approaching the area just stayed on the freeway and joined in to those who were in the huge staging lot. The goal was to circle the entire loop at one time. I am guessing that goals was pretty close to accomplished.

Like the tea party events in 2010 everyone was friendly and helpful and patient, did not leave a mess, no burning down the adjacent McDonalds or other buildings. Just salt of the earth folks.

Keep Merica Great!

Below is the story and link from local ABC Ch13 story.
https://abc13.com/trump-train-...is-the-maga/7549511/

HOUSTON, Texas -- Supporters of President Donald Trump's re-election campaign gathered Sunday to caravan through the city in another 'Trump Train' event.

Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo asked residents to avoid the South Loop 610 at Kirby due to the amount of traffic participating in the event.

"We just want to keep people safe," Acevedo said in a live stream of the parade. "There are a thousand vehicles here that will be looping."

The South Loop came to a standstill during the parade near Almeda as the line of cars stretched for miles. The congestion was made worse by road construction and at least one crash, Acevedo said.

As the lead vehicle of the parade approached I-45 and US-59, Acevedo reported the tail end of the parade had still not left Fannin and 610 South Loop, a distance of around 7 miles.

Sunday's rolling rally was the latest organized in support of the campaign and appeared to go on without any major incidents.

That was in contrast to a 'Trump Train' incident in Central Texas late last week, as cars adorned with Trump flags surrounded a Joe Biden campaign bus in Hays County.

The FBI is investigating that incident that included a minor collision between two vehicles in that caravan.

Texas is being considered a 'toss-up' state in Tuesday's 2020 presidential election by some prognosticators, a projection that was promptly dismissed by participants in a similar parade on Friday.

"I can't believe they think it's so close," a Memorial Drive parade participant said. "There is no way Trump isn't going to take this all the way to The White House again. I think it will be a landslide."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
We were up in Conroe yesterday & they had an overpass covered in Trump signs & supporters.

Made sure to give them a beep as we went under.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15347 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HK Ag:

The FBI is investigating that incident that included a minor collision between two vehicles in that caravan.

The FBI? A minor accident involving two vehicles? No politics here.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6142 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Angus the Kid:
quote:
Originally posted by HK Ag:

The FBI? A minor accident involving two vehicles? No politics here.
Candidates in a Presidential Election were in the area--no way to avoid politics.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post