SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SevenPlusOne, Orguss...What was your haul today?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SevenPlusOne, Orguss...What was your haul today? Login/Join 
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted
Pretty successful catch. I'm just glad I upgraded to a one ton truck a few months ago. It never would have fit in an LLV.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10553 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
As it turns out, I wasn't scheduled today. But while doing errands I saw several bags sitting out awaiting pick up.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18038 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Mothers' Day?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30858 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2tonicP220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Mothers' Day?

Food donation, via the USPS... "Stamp out Hunger", where carriers collect the donations.

Posts: 2049 | Location: NW PA | Registered: March 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2tonicP220:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Mothers' Day?

Food donation, via the USPS... "Stamp out Hunger", where carriers collect the donations.

It basically restocks community food banks for a long, long time. The food carriers pick up goes to your local food banks.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
Seven,

Meant to comment a few day ago. Female carrier I work with got mauled pretty bad. 100# mixed breed.

Guy was washing his car, and had the dog on a retractable leash, looped around the side view mirror of his car. She is the regular on the route, and wasn't expecting his dog to be restrained by a mirror on his car. Saturday of course.

She got bit in the arm, leg, back, and hit her head on the pavement when she was knocked down. Not sure how long she will be off work. I told her to ask for "private counsel". I've been bit, and used the USPS goons. Never again.

-----------------
I apologize now...

posted Hide Post
My day was better. Mother's day at the oldest daughter's house. Youngest daughter announced her first pregnancy, which will be my second grandchild. Especially happy news-40 years ago both my wife and I were diagnosed with infertility. Now I have a GRANDSON and another grandchild on the way. Ah, I become emotional. Life is good, winning this particular lottery.

Posts: 17180 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
Fredward,

Are you a carrier?

Sorry if I never noticed, we get flamed a lot...

Congrats on the new grandbaby!!!

-----------------
I apologize now...

Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
A.L., all week, this week, every year. Smile

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4622 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
I was off last year, the first year we gave out bags. My floater said he had to have someone come unload his truck on his route, he couldn't fit anymore.

It is a good cause. I don't mind doing it.

Notice we don't have to wear our >FLAME SUITS<...

LOL.

-----------------
I apologize now...