SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    L.E.O. tools , that most depts. should have and utilze
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

L.E.O. tools , that most depts. should have and utilze Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
instead of $41,000 worth of hardware , for a dept. with 14 people per shift, would be much better off with three additional people per shift.

correct me if I am incorrect

Those things ($41k in gear versus three officers per shift) are in different worlds. Aside from personnel and equipment being budgeted for differently, by the time you pay wages, pension, and insurance, $41k doesn't cover six months of one cop.

Posts: 5165 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was thinking $1,000,000.00 per year for nine officers, three per shift.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54681 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
I was thinking $1,000,000.00 per year for nine officers, three per shift.

Where I work, our personnel budget is about $10.5M for personnel for an authorized strength in the 80s.

It’s about $125K/year for the average cop here. Keep in mind we have some people (boss types) who make that in base salary.

May our caskets be made of hundred-year oak, and may we plant those trees tomorrow.

Posts: 814 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: January 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post