SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Roadside Deer Wrangler - another job I didn't know existed.

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Roadside Deer Wrangler - another job I didn't know existed. Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
Anoka County deer carcass wrangler fights for his due

http://www.startribune.com/local/north/415400594.html

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Report This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
deer carcass wrangler

Does Mike Rowe know about this? Razz

Posts: 27952 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Report This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Good on him. I'd say his freezer is always full.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Report This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
I don't think he would ever use this for his freezer.
Car impacts on deer are extremely bad in most cases.
The animal is what I call blood bruised all over.
It is good dog food in my opinion.
The last one I hit I carried it to a friend for his rototillers.
The artical did mention it was carried to wildlife center for feeding of wolves .
What I gathered most was how the government was screwing over this guy.

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Report This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
deer carcass wrangler

Does Mike Rowe know about this? Razz

Yes he does! Season 1, Episode 3, Roadkill Cleaner. Mike composts a few deer.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
They owe him $425,000? Wow. In Washington here, I kept noticing dead deer show up on the hillside I'd be hiking. The cougars would drag them down the hill, hide and nosh within a day or so. I'm talking quite a few deer. Every once in a while some asswipes would also toss a blue tarp over the edge as well. I was getting tired of picking up other idiots trash. Then one day some jackasses tossed the blue tarp, some blue rubber gloves and a deer and it all came together for my dense head: Dept of transportation was tossing gut shot or road kill deer over the edge here.

I wish they'd not toss the tarps and rubber gloves, but the cougars still give it 2 paws up:-)

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Unless things have changed recently, here deer hit by cars are routinely left where they fall, unless blocking traffic.

I have seen the carcasses laying on the roadside for weeks.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post