SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    MSNBC’s Brian Williams and NYT's Mara Gay assert that $500 million could be divvied up to give 327 million people exactly $1 million each
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MSNBC’s Brian Williams and NYT's Mara Gay assert that $500 million could be divvied up to give 327 million people exactly $1 million each Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted
Yeah, this really happened. Idiots.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/B_4VYBgTatY

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I could sure use $1.53, even if it is "crumbs."

Posts: 27970 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Why is Williams still on the air?

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29710 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised he didn't buy $500 million in guns and then destroyed them!

Posts: 2522 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
As discussed yesterday in the Bloomberg thread:

quote:
Are they smarter than a fifth grader?

Leftist math:

Thursday on MSNBC's "The Eleventh Hour" with Brian Williams, New York Times Editorial Board Member Mara Gay and the host accepted without question a tweet that (jokingly) said that Michael Bloomberg could have given every American one million dollars with the five hundred million dollars he spent on his short-lived presidential campaign.

"When I read it tonight on social media, it kind of all became clear," Williams said.

The tweet read: "Bloomberg spent $500 million on ads. The U.S. Population, 327 million. He could have given each American $1 million and have had lunch money left over."

"It’s an incredible way of putting it," Williams said.

"It’s an incredible way of putting it," Gay said. "It’s true. It’s disturbing."

In reality, $500 million divided by 327 million Americans is about $1.53 per person.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24130 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Why is Williams still on the air?

He was there counting the money.

Posts: 2522 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
We heard:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...480052764#2480052764

The Wall Street Journal, however, is now stating that his campaign actually cost $620M, so that would have been about $1.90 for each of us. Wink

https://www.wsj.com/articles/m...j&mod=&mod=djemITP_h

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I would pay $1.90 to make him go away.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5688 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Leftist math.

Sure goes a long to explain vote counts in Iowa and California. Coming to a presidential election near you.

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
I could sure use $1.53, even if it is "crumbs."

To be fair, that's probably not bad if you live in Cuba.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
So has MSNBHeeHaw (credit: Larry Elder) and/or Brian Williams and/or Mara Gay had the nut sack to publicly correct their obvious math error? Or are they too chicken to appear like the dumbasses and weak-spined humanoids they really are?

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
And some say there's no such thing as fake news. Roll Eyes

Posts: 15033 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enjoy Computer Living
Picture of LoungeChair
posted Hide Post
Wow. You have to admit, it is truly amazing when put into those terms. It’s just that it’s not the same amazing that those idiots are thinking of.

-Loungechair

Posts: 676 | Registered: October 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Well, Biden claimed that half of the USA population was shot to death over the last decade or so.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10928 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
So has MSNBHeeHaw (credit: Larry Elder) and/or Brian Williams and/or Mara Gay had the nut sack to publicly correct their obvious math error? Or are they too chicken to appear like the dumbasses and weak-spined humanoids they really are?

As soon as they said it, people started correcting them (and making fun of them) on social media. Someone working on the show got out a calculator and Williams and the NYT guest acknowledged their boo-boo after the next commercial break, joking about how neither of them had been good in math in high school.

They still aren't very good with math or common sense if you ask me.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2107 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
Well, Biden claimed that half of the USA population was shot to death over the last decade or so.

... in which case we get $3.80, right?

Posts: 2543 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
"Don't say anything if you are ahead of us on the math here..." whooo boy Razz

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StarTraveler:
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:

As soon as they said it, people started correcting them (and making fun of them) on social media. Someone working on the show got out a calculator and Williams and the NYT guest acknowledged their boo-boo after the next commercial break, joking about how neither of them had been good in math in high school.

They still aren't very good with math or common sense if you ask me.

It says alot that a calculator was needed. Really $500 million and 327 Million people. The millions are present in both nominator and denominator and cancel themselves out. Anyone with a grade school education should be able to at least estimate the answer at just over one dollar.

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1495 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Well, I coulda been an actor,
but I wound up here
I just have to look good,
I don't have to be clear
Come and whisper in my ear
Give us dirty laundry"

Posts: 232 | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster: