SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Active shooter down, one shot, 183 yards.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Active shooter down, one shot, 183 yards. Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:

It's a Steiner eOptics DBAL (Dual Beam Aiming Laser) ...

https://www.steiner-optics.com/laser-devices/dbal

Does that have any magnification capability? It does not appear so.

It's a laser designator, not an optic. There's no magnification on laser pointers.

Think of it like a beefed up rifle version of Crimson Trace handgun grips, just including both a visible and an infrared laser.

But he would not have utilized the DBAL at 183 yards anyways; the visible laser can't be seen at that distance, and he has no means to view the IR laser (like through night vision).

Instead, he would have been using the Aimpoint red dot optic mounted on the top of the rifle to aim the rifle.

Based on the presence of the DBAL, I wouldn't be surprised if this guy was either a SWAT/ERT team member, or former military (or both). This DBAL laser unit is quite expensive, and not something that the average LEO would have much use for. But it's similar to the AN/PEQ-15 laser unit in widespread use by the military.

Posts: 32557 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Donut breaks down the shooting.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30433 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Gotta love Donut....

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38004 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Definitely SWAT …

TEAM APPOINTMENTS:
Effective May 28, 2018
Police Patrol Officers Aaron McNeely and Christopher Munn are appointed to the Special Weapons and Tactical Team (SWAT).

https://publicrecordsourcerer....nnel_directives1.pdf

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12350 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Practical application of good training.

Posts: 7022 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
That guy has seen some shit. He's way to calm, cool, and collected not to have.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Wow, just wow. Great job officer!

Posts: 5768 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post