Find
Notify
Tools

NETFLIX Scam Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
Got an email claiming they were having problems autopaying my account and could I please re-verify my credit card information.

Two major flags on that:

1. I don't HAVE a Netflix account. I am an additional user on my daughter's account and she pays the monthly bill.

2. The return address on the message was:
quote:
NetfIix <vwb862-jldiswxicibnn@ufpfxhwbuwdgnjdkzojjj.kzbomowbuipoe>
To: pfoxy@yahoo.com

I forwarded a copy to Netflix.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
None of these email types (phishing) are not unique or new.
Just use common sense.

Posts: 22906 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Just use common sense.

Agreed!

Never click on any links from unsolicited emails - in fact if you think they're suspicious, don't even open the email.

I got one the other day that really looked like it came from my bank - same logo, phone numbers etc - saying there was suspicious activity on my account, access to my account had been suspended and to click this link... At first glance it looked pretty convincing, but it came in on an email address that my bank doesn't have (and it had a Tracking image embedded in it as well).

Posts: 1801 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I get emails from Amazon, Netflix, MasterCard, etc every day that are scams attempting to get me to enter payment or password info.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just this afternoon a friend of mine got a call to tell him that he had won the publishers clearing house drawing !!! 6.5 million !! Yea !!!!

All he had to do was send a check for 800 bucks ….right ….

Posts: 1273 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you actually have to update or change anything on any online account or service, you will do it through the website itself, not from a link in an email. No legit email will ask for your login or account info because they already have it.

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
If you actually have to update or change anything on any online account or service, you will do it through the website itself, not from a link in an email. No legit email will ask for your login or account info because they already have it.

Yes, another reason to have password program w/ the web address for connection. Even when I get legit emails where I need to connect to a service, I use my password program linking to log in.

Posts: 7355 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just use common sense.

So, you're saying there is no prince of Kumbiya whose $1,000,000,000 estate is unclaimed upon his death, and I just need to set up an account with a nominal sum of $10,000 to claim it?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10924 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
quote:
Just use common sense.

So, you're saying there is no prince of Kumbiya whose $1,000,000,000 estate is unclaimed upon his death, and I just need to set up an account with a nominal sum of $10,000 to claim it?

Oh it's real alright, my email is in my profile and I will reply with where to send the US PO Money orders. Smile

Posts: 22906 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just use common sense.

So, you are saying they are unique and new? Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Just use common sense.

So, you are saying they are unique and new? Big Grin

I don't know. Just in case I sent smschulz my credit card info and SS#

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got an email from COX cable trying to get me to log in. I haven't used them in four years.

Honestly, I don't think you can order new service at a different address if they get in? My credit card info is not saved anywhere.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post