SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    EBay electronic components
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

EBay electronic components Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted
I'm looking for a specific OpAmp, an LM308N to be exact. They're discontinued. There's no real source except for a ton on eBay. Direct from China. A few bucks for 10 and other various deals.

So, what is the chance that these are legit components? I'm skeptical and I'm going to assume they are either counterfeit or something else relabled.

Should I just stick with something like an OP07 from a reputable dealer? It's a little different but the slew rate is low like the LM308.

Posts: 45538 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
For a few bucks spin the wheel and take a chance.....

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
define legit.... It will definitely be a copy. Will it work. Probably. For a few bucks why not give it a try.

I have no idea if this is what your looking for but when I tried to see what it was google showed me this.

http://www.jameco.com/z/LM308N...eytUFf640aAv5U8P8HAQ

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16450 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
define legit.... It will definitely be a copy. Will it work. Probably. For a few bucks why not give it a try.
A direct copy with equivalent specs is just fine with me.

quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
I have no idea if this is what your looking for but when I tried to see what it was google showed me this.

http://www.jameco.com/z/LM308N...eytUFf640aAv5U8P8HAQ
Well, there ya go. A bit more loot but that's it. Jameco wasn't in my list of suppliers. I've been using mouser, small bear and tayda. I'll add them and see how it goes. Thanks for the tip.

Posts: 45538 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
https://reverb.com/item/168553...6PYaAtk68P8HAQ&pla=1

Maybe this would work better?

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5200 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
If the genuine is made in China, it's probably the same.

Posts: 9798 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tips everyone. You're tops! Smile

Sabonim
Picture of Wayniac
posted Hide Post
I noticed you didn't mention Digikey for a reliable source. I rely mainly upon Digikey and Mouser for parts.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 1438 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post