SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg: California Has Too Much Influence Over Local Values
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg: California Has Too Much Influence Over Local Values Login/Join 
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
He's just saying what everyone else is thinking and writing on his little popularity game known as facebook.

While I detest facebook, and will NEVER take part in that little social experiment, I will say that from listening to my wife, it is not just peopled by leftist retards smugly sniffing their own farts. There is a growing segment that are speaking out against the tide of anti-Americanism found on the left and Zuck-whateverhisnameis has to sit up and take notice when his minions bring him statistical information.

While he has done more than his share of manipulation of the medium he deals in, he can't afford to ignore the fact that not everyone leans left. He is catering with lip service, nothing more.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15623 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
He is catering with lip service, nothing more.

... and yesterday he calls for a "guaranteed" income?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24173 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:
it's an imaginary world that's not as pure and clean and beautiful as the veneer.

An apt description of California, in general.

Smile

CA is represented by a couple driving off an oceanside cliff in a Porsche convertible. The view is great, and you're in a bitchen car, but the inevitable is fast approaching.

Zuckerberg is a commie punk, a self-absorbed celebrity. I can give two shits whatever he says.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16725 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbcummings:
I guess I read that differently.

quote:
We have come to this realization that a bunch of people sitting in a room in California is not going to be the best way to reflect all the local values that people have around the world. So we need to evolve the systems for collective decision making. It’s an interesting problem. There are certainly going to be a lot more global infrastructure and global enterprises going forward, there just hasn’t been anything at this scale yet.

That sounds more globalist than conservative to me. Sounds to me like he's saying California is too local. So the third world should have a say in what goes on here?

That's what I was thinking too. Too much use of the words - global and world. Never trust this little zucker.

Posts: 3956 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Maybe he is concerned that the multi million dollar bunker he had constructed at his compound may have flaws and he is vulnerable Wink

Posts: 13819 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
Maybe he is concerned that the multi million dollar bunker he had constructed at his compound may have flaws and he is vulnerable Wink

I have some friends who were involved in that Zuckerberg compound property circus. In his private life Zuckerberg is anything but altruistic.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post