SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Universal Remote For: Roku TV + Soundbar + Xfinity X1 Box + DVD Player?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Universal Remote For: Roku TV + Soundbar + Xfinity X1 Box + DVD Player? Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
I bought a TCL Roku TV around Christmas which has been absolutely great but the built-in speakers have not been great of course.

Bought a small $60 TCL soundbar which frankly is barely better than the stock speakers and it seems to not have very good (detents?) when going up or down in volume. It's very low, then pretty loud and not a click or two in between. It also caused me to lose the on-screen volume level numbers which I don't like.

I'm going to switch back to the old Vizio soundbar I had that had MUCH better sound and a sub-woofer with it. I had planned to use that along with the old TV for the kids playroom, but will give them the crappy TCL soundbar instead.

What I'm looking for is a remote that will work with a TCL Roku TV and also control the Vizio soundbar, the Xfinity X1 box and the DVD player.

Would Logitech still be the best option? I had a Logitech Harmony universal remote like 10 years ago but haven't dealt with them in a long time. My wife is getting frustrated at having 4 remotes to keep track of and they frequently get lost with two little boys in the house playing.

Having a one-remote-that-does-it-all would be great!

Thanks

Posts: 34541 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't speak to device compatibility in your case, but I still like Harmony and in the last year picked up the Harmony Elite (I think) - the one with the hub - when my trusty Harmony One finally died after a decade of hard use.

The hub really is the best part of the deal and I regret waiting so long to pick it. A worthy replacement for the Harmony One.

Posts: 841 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I'd also be happy with a remote that could control the soundbar, X1 box and DVD player and we keep the existing Roku TV remote.

Posts: 34541 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
OK so I gathered all make and model numbers of my devices and the Logitech Harmony remotes will control all of them, even the TCL Roku TV which is great!

Ordered the Harmony 665:

Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I second the Harmony Remotes. Mine even controls 4 banks of lights.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4275 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
OK so I gathered all make and model numbers of my devices and the Logitech Harmony remotes will control all of them, even the TCL Roku TV which is great!

Ordered the Harmony 665:

. Wow over 50 buttons to push.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post