SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If you liked (or didn't) the last Fenix light...the newest one is better
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you liked (or didn't) the last Fenix light...the newest one is better Login/Join 
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted
Well crap...just spend some coin on a new UC35. Tempting though. 1,600 lumens with a tail switch for $100.

Several didn't like the lack of a tail switch on the other new one. This one fixes that.

https://www.fenix-store.com/fe...X2lkIjogImQ5MzdyWSJ9

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11451 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I'm saving up for this one:
https://www.fenix-store.com/fe...00-lumen-flashlight/

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18027 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
Nooooooo........I hate you guys! Big Grin

Posts: 3121 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
I'm saving up for this one:
https://www.fenix-store.com/fe...00-lumen-flashlight/

I bet that thing would heat up a can of soup faster than a microwave.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I'm not sure how someone is supposed to hold that thing for more than five minutes without burning themselves. I'll let you know what it's like when I get it! Big Grin

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18027 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Too wide for me and everything I use, uses 18650s. PD32 is still my favorite. Had to replace the one I lost, had that thing for years, lost replacement within a week or two.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20845 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of prepsheriff
posted Hide Post
Still rock’n my PD30

Airborne ! All the Way!!

Posts: 904 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: January 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I don't get the buy a new light every time there is the new hotness. Still rocking an older PD35TAC, PD15, and a Surefire Backup. Lost the Surefire for 6 months while doing chores upstairs, then found it again last month.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Yeah, I don't get the buy a new light every time there is the new hotness. Still rocking an older PD35TAC, PD15, and a Surefire Backup. Lost the Surefire for 6 months while doing chores upstairs, then found it again last month.

It’s a thing..you know...a light thing. Some people dont get it and that’s ok.....glad you found your lost light Cool

Posts: 3121 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I've got a whole shitload of Fenix flashlights all because of you guys and I ain't a gonna buy no mo' of them fuckers for a while.

Anyway, the E30R takes a little getting used to, but it's just fine.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15490 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rmc85
posted Hide Post
Does it have memory? or is like the last one where you have to cycle through every use to get to the brightest output?

Posts: 2997 | Location: FL | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fizteach
posted Hide Post
20% off code = us20

Get over it!!

Posts: 669 | Location: Campbell, TX | Registered: September 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a Fenix PD25 a few months back and finally got around to opening the box. 550 lumens seems to work for me.

Posts: 165 | Registered: December 23, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

Working night shift, good lumens are important. I’d been using the same first generation UC35 for several years before buying a new version last month, and used the TK11 before that for several years. Even before that it was a TK10 I bought in 2008 or so.

Good stuff. I currently carry my two UC35s and a AAA Streamlight on me when I’m working. Plus my pistol light. And the TK11 on my bag in the car.

Chongo ain’t gonna be without a light lol (or more accurately, I’ll always have an extra light for my less prepared minions).

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11451 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
personally i'd stick with 18650, since that's what i have most of. great for lights and radios.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I just received my LR40R (a day early! Thank you, USPS!) This thing is hefty. It must weigh about two pounds. All metal body. And it's ridiculously bright.

quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:
I bet that thing would heat up a can of soup faster than a microwave.

The 11,000 lumen Turbo setting automatically downshifts to 1500 lumens after 2 minutes, though the flashlight as enough battery to last 45 minutes on Turbo.

posted Hide Post
Picked one up, ordered it at your house, i love it!

Posts: 663 | Registered: August 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of them. My TK35 is about the size of that thing above. Don't remember the lumens but that will light up the night! Tough to imagine anything brighter. Eek

I love these Fenix threads even though I'm so done buying them. Smile

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5054 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Oh Storminnnnnn......................

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4584 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just placed my order with the promo code. I have an older UC30 that I used as a primary flashlight on-duty for two years (inner-city midnight shift) and have used it for a year and a half as a Crime Scene Detective. It is still going strong, holds a charge, and is a far better light than the Stinger that the city provides us.

I will retire my old UC30 to nightstand duty and am confident this new light will serve me well.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post