SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New truck pricing
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New truck pricing Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
You are correct, but this is X-plan price. No haggling and I don't think the dealer would go below this price even without X-plan.

X Plan isn’t what it once was. You can do far better without it and the restrictions it entails.

Posts: 2190 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I used to look for a pickup, I would tell the salesman that the only option I wanted was AC. By the 80s power assisted steering and brakes were standard. Don’t even want a radio, since I can get a great aftermarket unit at a fraction of the price.

Nowadays, this sort of thing is imposssible.

Best deal I ever got was a stepside long bed that had been orderd by the local elect utility but no PO was ever submitted. Had sat on the lot for awhile and dealer was out of patience. Had heavy duty vinyl bench seat and floor. Had AC. No radio. 5/8 ton. Bullet proof Ford. Easy to clean interior too.

Posts: 1607 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
I thought you messed up somewhere in your pricing so I went to Chevy and built a 1500. It got to $53,000 really fast. I have a 2003 F150 that I think I'll keep for a few more years.

Yeah, they had a chevy pickup parked in the Manassas mall some time ago. None diesel, but with all the 4wd, AC, etc etc. Sticker price was $57+K,

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
It is definitely crazy. My truck is 15 years old; it is a 2002 Chevy 1500 Z-71. I would like to now get a new one and I am looking at a 2500HD Z-71 and they are around $60K. I just paid off my motorcycle so I am going to save up the monthly payment I made on my bike for the next 5 years, and that will give me enough for close to a $30K down payment. My truck should last another 5 years.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 1997 GMC Sierra which I ordered from the factory exactly as I wanted it for $24,000 has about 68000 miles on it and no rust. It looks better every day. I only drive it when I need a truck and it is shedded at all other times. 350 V-8 gets 22+ mpg on long highway trips.

Posts: 1500 | Location: S/W Illinois | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
This is why I will drive my 2012 F150 until it dies.

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Sticker on the 2018 Yukon Denali I just bought was $78,540. I got it for $66,999 + TTL (including $3,000 in rebates).

Trucks are expensive but there’s room to haggle. Makes it hurt just a little less.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Join the club,
My 2008 Eddie Bauer expedition stickered at $39,000

The equivalent 2018 expesdition limited stickers at $67,000

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
Pickup truck prices are insane these days.

It is. It’s equal greed and equal EPA requirements. Chevy just dropped 450 lbs from their 2019 Silverado by using a bunch of different materials. Ford dropped something like 700 lbs from the F-150 right? Then you’ve got the nannies. Lane keep assist, collision mitigation braking, adaptive cruise control, all of which adding to more MSRP.

The intelligent automotive journalists have been predicting an auto loan crash/collapse for a few years now. I don’t think it’s if, it’s when. I’ll be saving and ready when it does and capitalize on it. It’s not just truck prices, all automotive prices are going up substantially. 50+k for a truck? That used to be Corvette money. I see new ones all over the place here and I know there just aren’t that many high paying jobs so many of them have to be in deep debt. I occasionally over here someone talking about their $600, 650, or 700 car/truck payments and wow, that’s crazy. That leads me to believe there will be an auto loan crash at some point.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12640 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
It’s crazy...Monster profits for the manufacturers. After my last Silverado (2009), I’m done with new full size trucks.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I NEED a truck, but if I didn’t then I would buy a muscle car for close to,the same price. I have always wanted a muscle car, but will probably never own one. I got my speed fix from motorcycles.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a new 2008 Harley CVO and was astonished at the price they were going for and, ultimately what I paid for it. In the end, it was a great motorcycle and I rode it all over the West. In 2016 I bought a new F150 Lariat that had virtually every option save one, which was so minor I can’t remember what it was. Again, I was astonished at the price of new trucks and SUV’s. I was even more astonished that I paid it. It’s been a great truck.

Posts: 1453 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeNH:
Nobody pays MSRP for a pickup truck (special stuff like the Raptor aside). They're still not cheap but you should be able to get several thousand off most pickups.

Getting 10% off should be not sweat,

%15-17% if timing is right and you shop

%19-20% off at year end

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5132 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Don't forget, with X plan they remove the admin fees and all that crap and replace it with a small admin fee. The admin fee is limited by Ford to about $200 but set by the dealer. For my Mustang, I paid D plan price and $75. No dock fees, transportation or any of that add on krapola.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
Don't forget, with X plan they remove the admin fees and all that crap and replace it with a small admin fee. The admin fee is limited by Ford to about $200 but set by the dealer. For my Mustang, I paid D plan price and $75. No dock fees, transportation or any of that add on krapola.

Which saves a ton. Here in Florida (where you are) the dealer prep fees are like $600-800 at every dealership. It's crazy.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
I bought my 2008 F-150 fully equipped with all of the options at a great price during the height of gas prices.

Nobody wanted the big gas guzzling V-8's.

120,000 miles in excellent condition.
Could never replace it with the price of trucks now.

Now I am starting to think, it is pretty silly of me to be using it every day as a commuting vehicle.
Maybe I should be looking for a car, so that I can save the truck for when needed.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Jeep is releasing a Wrangler-based pickup next year.

Their effing CEO or something has publicly stated that it will be priced intentionally high.

Their 2018 Wrangler base price is around $27,000 for a 2 door base model with hand cranked windows and no air conditioning. Their Rubicon goes up to well over $50k.

It’s all nuts.

Here:

quote:
The Jeep Wrangler-based pickup truck does not yet have a name, despite press reports that it will carry the historic "Scrambler" name. Marchionne said the Jeep pickup will be "expensive; intentionally so" because it is designed as a lifestyle truck that is likely to generate annual sales below 100,000 units. "I'm a natural buyer for that pickup truck, by the way," Marchionne said, adding the Jeep pickup won't compete with the midsize Ford Ranger or the Chevrolet Colorado on price, and won't be in dealerships until mid-2019.

Stupid stupid stupid

http://www.autonews.com/articl...?X-IgnoreUserAgent=1

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Yes it is. My first house was $32k.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19190 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Ford sales buddy tells me the price difference diesel upgrade between otherwise identical F250s is $8300. That's a lot of unleaded fuel!

With diesel typically more expensive than unleaded, it's hard to justify the diesel. Unless you have unique towing/hauling needs, it doesn't make much sense.

P229

Posts: 3825 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
I bought my 2008 F-150 fully equipped with all of the options at a great price during the height of gas prices.

Nobody wanted the big gas guzzling V-8's.

120,000 miles in excellent condition.
Could never replace it with the price of trucks now.

Now I am starting to think, it is pretty silly of me to be using it every day as a commuting vehicle.
Maybe I should be looking for a car, so that I can save the truck for when needed.

The best thing is to have something small, fuel efficient, and inexpensive to daily drive. Commuting, errands, etc. Your more expensive vehicle gets limited use and mileage and will last two, three, or four times longer. My DD is inexpensive, super fuel efficient and doesn’t draw attention. My weekend ride, does 4k per year. I rack up all the miles on the DD so my weekend vehicle will last 20 years.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12640 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post