SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Jackpoint or Rennstand jack stands
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jackpoint or Rennstand jack stands Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Tgrshrk99
posted
If you have either of these jack stand alternatives, I’d be interested in your experience - likes, dislikes, etc. I’ve talked myself out of a quickjack (too heave and too expensive) and these seem like just what I’m looking for. Any issues when raising the second side (lifting the entire front or rear)?

Posts: 606 | Location: Between here and the end of the line | Registered: November 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What do you plan to do? That would help.

Posts: 17263 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I know what I like
I like what I know
Picture of Mark in Michigan
posted Hide Post
I have no experience with either of those brands...but wish to add that you block the wheels of the vehicle so that it does not roll away when you lift the wheels that are 'in Park' or affected by the parking break.

Best regards,
Mark in Michigan

Posts: 502 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Tgrshrk99
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
What do you plan to do? That would help.

These would be used for suspension work, brakes, tire rotations and the like where it is necessary for the tires to be off the ground.

Posts: 606 | Location: Between here and the end of the line | Registered: November 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 17263 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Tgrshrk99
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes, familiar with that article, thanks. I am particularly interested in the Rennstand and Jackpoint design as it does not require using a jack with a jack stand next to the jack (or elsewhere). Not a lot of info out there on them, so I was hoping for some real-world experiences here.

Rennstand
Jackpoint

posted Hide Post
No experience with those. As a kid we would use the lift at the gas station where a friend of mine worked. A friend of mine is a shade tree mechanic and has a lift in his garage. Good luck

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I like the made in USA part and they look nice but pretty pricey.
I just use a 1.5 ton jack on the front or rear cross member and some higher quality stands on those jack points along the side for the stands (or frame rail if possible).
That also depends on the type vehicle your working on and if you can jack it like that.

Posts: 9537 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post