SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This auto insurence deal..
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This auto insurence deal.. Login/Join 
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Thank you all for your advice. Ive been getting new quotes but nothing is as low as my original carrier. Insurence just keeps getting more expensive. For no reason.

Well, it sucks but a big part of the reason is they keep adding shit to cars. It's real easy to option yourself up to $100k or better on cars that aren't even luxury models. People are taking out loans that look closer to home mortgages than auto loans to afford them these days.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3516 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
I annually shop insurance companies through a broker and have never had one for more than 2 years ever since. Insurance companies frequently change their models as to who they will ensure, at what rates, etc. You should have ZERO loyalty to any of these companies ever. As soon as you do, they will turn around and stab you in the back. Find a good broker and save some cash and headaches.

BTW...rates for 2022 went up like 15%-20% from last year according to my broker. Luckily, I pay a full year up front so I locked in a lower rate early in the year.

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3635 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We’ve been with Nationwide forever. There was a short while when our agent recommended we go with Concord ins. We had four vehicles and homeowners. Our kids were new at driving, and we had several claims. One parking lot accident, one deer, and several windshields. This was ove 3-4 years. Concord dropped us. Our Agent offered to keep our home insured, but I said no thanks, by going back to Nationwide with another Agent we saved $1000 per year.
Now it’s just the two of us with three vehicles, homeowners, and jewelry, we are paying just under $3,000. We haven’t shopped around solely due to our relationship with the Agents. And their one on one contact with us.

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1131 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Howz about AAA auto insurence? Anyone have their vehicle insured by AAA? The quote they gave me was the best yet. I may stop by their local office Monday to see.

Posts: 17905 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I deal with insurance companies regularly. I wouldn’t piss on Allsnakes if they were on fire. Pretty much the same for auto owners. I love USAA.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7958 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
I've been happy with State Farm, I haven't had a ticket in years and we have multiple lines, so the discounts add up. They've been very good with claims. Our roof was getting so I thought to have it checked BY THEM for hail first. Ended up with an entirely new roof and all new windows on half the house when I couldn't see any dents in them. Our neighbors insurance wouldn't even oay for half a roof. I put our 2003 rust free Silverado in the ditch last winter on ice. Completely my fault, thought they would total it for sure even though it only had 40,000 miles. They paid for $8K in repairs and evidently there was still room on top of that. I've talked to plenty of people as an attorney who learned who their insis at claims time. Maybe I've been lucky, but I've never been let down by them after some 25yrs of being insured with them. Yes, all insurance has to pay out according to your policy and state law,I think brand loyalty may grease that wheel a bit. Location is what costs the most for insurance. Iowa is cheap, when we lived in St Louis, it was eye watering.

Posts: 2523 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Thank you Steve and it sounds like you are treated well by State Farm. Ive been shopping basic coverage for my vehicle. Everyone is a little different. They all seem to try and rope me into auto pay which I will not do. Against my better judgement, was just givin a new quote by Geico. Its even more affordable than my previous carrier. I still need to call them to varify a few things. It sure looks like basic coverage today costs as much as full coverage yesterday.

Posts: 17905 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post