SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This is how fast police officers have to think and act.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This is how fast police officers have to think and act. Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Wow.

That ladies and gentlemen is an example of an officer who does more than carry a gun, this officer obviously trains with his gun too.

Man, that was all reflex and muscle memory. Very very well done.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12337 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
That second guy is very lucky he wasn’t shot. Given the adrenaline at the moment a second unknown person rushing the cop would certainly present a threat.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6327 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
Nicely done by the officer including his situational awareness. As to the second guy, it looks like his movement was a complete panic reflex. He heard the gunshots but his mind didn’t know what or how to process. Watch his body language closely, particularly his arms and his posture even before the officer directed his attention to him. He is lucky he did not get shot and good on the officer for recognizing. People do funny things in moments of true crisis.

Posts: 2964 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of one of the scenarios I saw run on the simulator when I was going through it.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
And people get grouchy when they see officers with their hand resting on their gun.

Honestly yes, because if a legal open carrier had their hand on their gun, law enforcement would take that as a threat and engage the subject.

Now I'll follow up with that I don't open carry in public, but can you at least agree that a police officer would consider it a threat, yet they can do it all they want?

In regards to the video, excellent job by the LEO and huge props on not engaging the 2nd subject...

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Outstanding work, Officer. The second guy should have run he other way when the shooting started.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4233 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:
quote:
And people get grouchy when they see officers with their hand resting on their gun.

Honestly yes, because if a legal open carrier had their hand on their gun, law enforcement would take that as a threat and engage the subject.

Now I'll follow up with that I don't open carry in public, but can you at least agree that a police officer would consider it a threat, yet they can do it all they want?

You seriously don't see a clear distinction between the two? Because what you just posted is a head scratcher to me.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30413 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
That’s like the scene in the alley from Collateral when Tom Cruise swept the gun out of the way before engaging with his own. That’s some damn good training there. No thinking needed, he regressed to his training.

That is one of the greatest scenes of all time. Tom Cruise trained for months prior to making the movie and it shows.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post