SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Kubota 60" grapple or 54" EA Wicked grapple
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kubota 60" grapple or 54" EA Wicked grapple Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
I think the Wicked grapple might be a bit better but it is another $700. $3200 delvd. vs $2600 delvd for the Land Pride unit. Or maybe another unit?
My new Kubota has the third valve hyds to run it.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19173 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FWIW I've never heard of Wicked. But I do know land pride and have easily a dozen of their attachments of various kinds. All well built, with good parts support.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What tractor?

Posts: 268 | Location: SE Georgia | Registered: December 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
Consider tractor’s lifting capability less grapple weight for net debris lifting capacity.

Posts: 1827 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you ever end up getting a mini ex? I have a grapple bucket that I do not use because my excavator is a much better manipulator. I would offer it to you to try but it is too big for your tractor. If I had to choose between the two listed buckets for your use I would go with the lightest bucket.

Posts: 1799 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
I don't believe anyone makes a stronger grapple for the weight and money than EA. At least no one did s few years ago when I bought their 50" root grapple recommended for 35hp and under tractors. This grapple only weighs 275# and it was perfect for my L2501 and now for my 37hp 3520 as well. The 55" one you're considering may be even better since it doesn't weigh that much more and the lid is full width, where on the 50" it's slightly smaller than the bottom.

I was using it just yesterday to consolidate piles of head banging, overhanging limbs I'd cut.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7095 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
My new Kubota has the third valve hyds to run it.

Maybe you should post pics (and specs!) of your new Kubota so you can get proper recommendations/advice. Oh wait, nobody here appreciates and/or likes to see pics of power equipment/toys anyway...My bad Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8877 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
homestead implements
55 in. root grapple
as seen on GPoutdoors on y.t.

www.homesteadimplements.com

or the Frostbite grapple
as seen on
in the woodyard on y.t.

www.frostbitegrapple.com

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54626 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crossfire fanatic

Picture of mr.sig239
posted Hide Post
Frostbite makes a nicely built grapple. The one I had worked great. Nice greaseable bushings thru out.
Was just to heavy for my B2650.

phil

Posts: 2384 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: November 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
It is a new Kubota L2501 25hp diesel 4wd just like the one ridewv posted a pix of. I think the Wicked grapple is just a tad over 250lb. Has grease points. The LP does not. Better steel. Overall a more capable unit from what I can tell. Four month wait to get the Wicked unit. Kubota dealer has on order and will probably arrive in Oct. Delv. is not a big factor.

Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
yes, at 359lbs too heavy.

I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
It is a new Kubota L2501 25hp diesel 4wd just like the one ridewv posted a pix of.
I looked again, ridewv only posted a pic of half a tractor! Razz

Posts: 1827 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:

I lifted and moved a log that size just yesterday, using the pallet forks on my B7800. It probably would have been easier with a grapple, but getting it balanced on the forks worked well.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Pallet forks are good for moving things like logs also but you need to have the object pretty well balanced. Also if one end is hung up it’s hard to achieve much pulling force. A grapple is really efficient to move stuff like brush and limbs.

I went around the tree line cutting limbs and making piles by hand then used the grapple to consolidate all the piles into one large one. With the clamping action of the lid it’s impressive how much loose material you can pick up and move.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7095 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
www.5elevendesignz.com

For a grill guard

www.boltonhooks.com

Posts: 54626 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Thanks L, had the dealer weld a single center hook on top of the bucket. They also fabbed an awesome expanded metal grille brush guard. So I am good on both accounts. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
You're welcome
Now how about ballast juice for the rear tires ?
Or
Adjustable lower link arms in the rear?

Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
yes, beet juice in the rear tires too.

posted Hide Post
Super!
Block, heater?

Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Super!
Block, heater?

Check, Canopy, two lights up top and a rear facing light on the rops. Check, check and check.