SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need stubby antenna for F-150
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need stubby antenna for F-150 Login/Join 
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted
Black’s fluid extractor thread got me to thinking, I need to replace my OEM antenna with a shorty. 95% of my radio listening is streaming and I will occasionally go through a car wash. Would like something lower profile. Anyone have recommendations? Seems like there’s any number of Chinese branded units on Amazon and other sites.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Had this one on my 2016 F150 for 2 years.
Living N Houston, FM reception was never an issue

https://www.cravenspeed.com/the-stubby-antenna-2/

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15331 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Thanks. That’s the exact one I almost ordered earlier.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Had this one on my 2016 F150 for 2 years.
Living N Houston, FM reception was never an issue

https://www.cravenspeed.com/the-stubby-antenna-2/

They have a large caliber bullet antenna!

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
The Raptor antenna is a lot shorter than the standard F-150 antenna - should fit just fine - "should" Big Grin
You might want to go to a dealer and see if they have one in stock and make sure.

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3925 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one on mine and I hate it, the reception just sucks

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the Cravenspeed antenna on my Harley, no where near as good as the factory whip antenna, but good enough for the times I listen the FM radio.

Posts: 423 | Location: Kansas | Registered: August 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put a Cravenspeed stubby on my 2022 F150 but I don't normally listen to FM so I can't really say much about its reception abilities. It seemed to pick up a few stations in the driveway after I installed it but probably haven't listened to the FM radio since.

Posts: 1127 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
It'll be 6 years in April, I put a 13" flexible AntennaX (at the time, $15.99 on Amazon) on my Frontier. Just as good of reception as the tall, stiff OEM antenna.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23263 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a stubby on mine. FM reception is mediocre, AM is terrible. I’m watching this thread for a better option.

Posts: 995 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When it comes to antennas, there really isn't any substitute for having enough antenna to pick up the signal. Short ones just don't match the frequency profile enough.

Posts: 2773 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post