SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Lost my Son today
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lost my Son today Login/Join 
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted
52 years old. Died of kidney and liver failure. He lives in Chicago area and me of course in DFW. So no daily coms, but we did talk, text and email regularly. I had no idea he was having these serious issues until my sister called this AM and said Steve was in the hospital and not expected to live the day out. Initially I though my sister was exaggerating as she tends to do. 2:30 today she calls and says he's passed. Hit me like a ton of bricks. My oldest son and a joyful person that we teased about the Bears V the Cowboys.

Just venting here a bit. If you're so inclined, a prayer for his soul acceptance to spend eternity with our higher being.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
that is horrible news

my condolences to you and your family

Posts: 53215 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Condolenses to you and your family. Prayer sent.

Posts: 1042 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I’ll pray for both of you and all of your family. My condolences to you all.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15259 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I’m sorry for your loss shipmate. May his memory be a blessing.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11301 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
A tragedy.

Prayers for your son and your family.

May he rest in peace.

So sad for your loss.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss. Prayers for all.

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1366 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
And say my glory was
I had such friends.
Picture of Hunthelp
posted Hide Post
Prayers up you are in our thoughts

"I don't shoot well, but I shoot often." - Pres. T. Roosevelt

Posts: 1941 | Location: Chandler, AZ | Registered: June 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry to hear that. I'll be praying for him, you, and all of yours.

Posts: 17189 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss, I can only imagine how much you hurt, having lost my 19 year old nephew this year. Prayers, Fair Winds and Following Seas.

Posts: 2780 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
My sincere condolences. I can't even imagine the loss.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15263 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I’m sorry to hear this. Please accept my sympathies and prayers.

Posts: 45383 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
NavyGuy,

My heart goes out to you and your family. As you may recall I lost my 44 year old, service related disabled, former HM3 FMF USN son recently. His interment with military honors was just this past Thursday. Semper Fi.

We are not supposed to outlive our children.

Rest assured you have not only my sincerest condolences but my prayers.

And as so many have told me, the pain may ease in time but the loss is etched in our souls. The many many great memories do serve to lessen the heartache so take solace in them.

God bless you all.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16250 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
My sincerest condolences.

Posts: 2967 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry. Please accept my condolences and prayers for your peace, comfort, and strength.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5488 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
So very sorry for your loss - prayers sent.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My condolences, 52 years of age...too young.

Posts: 14672 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss. Prayers sent.

Silent

Posts: 1028 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
My sincerest condolences.
May he wait for you in heaven.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24157 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear of your loss. Prayers sent to you and your family.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post