SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Massachusetts woman unleashes bee attack on sheriffs deputies during eviction dispute
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Massachusetts woman unleashes bee attack on sheriffs deputies during eviction dispute Login/Join 
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted
[Note: the original article is behind a paywall, so I'm including a portion of it along with a news aggregator source. Hyperlinks found at linked website article.]

=============

A portion of the paywall article.

Hadley woman accused of releasing bees on police serving eviction notice

Updated: Oct. 19, 2022, 7:33 a.m.|Published: Oct. 19, 2022, 6:13 a.m

Hampden County deputy sheriff Michael Joslyn tries to wrestle a tower of beehives away from protester Rorie Woods as deputies attempted to serve an eviction notice at 49 Memery Lane in Longmeadow on Oct. 12. (HAMPDEN COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT PHOTO)

By Stephanie Barry | sbarry@repub.com

SPRINGFIELD – A Hadley woman faces multiple assault charges after allegedly unleashing a swarm of bees onto Hampden County Sheriff’s Department deputies attempting to serve an eviction notice in Longmeadow.

Rorie S. Woods had more than one bee in her bonnet when she rolled into the driveway of 49 Memery Lane on the morning of Oct. 12, according to court records. Instead of a standard eviction notice, deputies found themselves targets of a sting operation.

================

Woman Allegedly Unleashes Swarm of Bees Upon Police During Eviction Dispute

October 19, 2022

By Tim Binnall

In a bizarre story out of Massachusetts, a woman was arrested for allegedly unleashing a swarm of bees upon police officers who were attempting to serve an eviction notice. The very strange incident reportedly occurred last Wednesday morning outside of a residence in the community of Longmeadow. What should have been a routine stop to deliver some paperwork quickly turned into a full blown fracas when, while waiting for the homeowner to arrive, deputies from the Hampden County Sheriff’s Department were confronted by a woman who apparently took issue with the eviction and had a rather wild way of showing her displeasure.

According to a police report, Rorie Susan Woods arrived at the residence in an SUV towing a trailer that was filled with bee hives. Authorities say that she "exited her vehicle and went to the back of the trailer and started shaking bee hives to let the bees out." A deputy watching the weirdness unfold rushed over to stop Woods, but it was too late as she managed to smash the cover of the container holding the nest. This led to hundreds of the agitated insects filling the air and caused the officer to retreat from the scene after being stung in the face. Amazingly, cops say, Woods then put on a beekeeper suit and set about stacking three more hives upon the doorstep of the home to presumably prevent police from entering the residence.

In the midst of the melee, the police report states, multiple people wound up being stung, including three unfortunate individuals who are allergic to bee stings. After some struggle, Woods was finally taken into custody and showed no remorse for what she had done. According to authorities, when informed that "several officers were allergic to bees," the woman witheringly replied, "oh, you’re allergic? Good." As one might imagine, she now face multiple charges of assault with a dangerous weapon in the form of the swarm of bees which ironically wound up finding freedom as a result of their former keeper's ill-advised protest.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lord have mercy!
Good article, really strange but good!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
What n odd way to try and avoid eviction.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Points for style

Posts: 107597 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was a honey of an idea.

Posts: 1179 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
deputies found themselves targets of a sting operation.
Big Grin

She's thinking out of the hive, that's for sure.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16700 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Just another Masshole moonbat. Bet she voted for Maura.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
Just another Masshole moonbat. Bet she voted for Maura.
Do you think so? I think so. Y'know, these crazy people always have stupid politics. Yes, their POLITICS permeates everything they do or say. Have you noticed that? About their POLITICS, I mean.

As a matter of fact, let's just forget about the stupid bees and make this thread about POLITICS.

Sound good?

Posts: 107597 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
I don't think she lived there.
What a loon.

I've been in the hospital, blown up like a circus freak, eyes swelled shut from bee stings.
Not cool.

Won't all the ones she released die?
Pretty shitty Bee keeper.

Posts: 1480 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
The evicted is probably a serious dirtbag but her approach to thwarting the eviction was certainly not your typical hive minded response!

Posts: 3148 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
I would have thought only a witch could possess such powers. But she had a beekeeper suit on. Pffft. Why don't the sheriffs cuff her hands and feet, after removing the suit and smack the boxes over right next to her. See what kinda powers she has without the training wheels.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6969 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
deputies found themselves targets of a sting operation.
Big Grin

She's thinking out of the hive, that's for sure.

Big Grin

That one line + the photo of her struggling with the deputy was why I felt compelled to include a portion of the paywall article in the post.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
What's all the buzz about?

Posts: 5739 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Far more interesting than siccing the dogs on them!

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5319 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Something familiar about that second pic...

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was thinking Nic Cage
. Not the bees!

Posts: 1 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 02, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post