SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If I'm hosting your avatar, please note:
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If I'm hosting your avatar, please note: Login/Join 
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted
I was doing a little file maintenance and almost deleted someone's avatar. In order to avoid confusion, I have changed the file location for sigforum avatars that I'm hosting. Please add /sigforum to the file location under custom avatars, like so:

superdimension.net/gifs/sigforum/(your avatar name.jpg)

I have no intention of removing anyone's avatars and will gladly continue to host them for anyone.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Just a suggestion ... I have no idea whose or how many avatars you're hosting but maybe email them the change information if they have email listed in their profile. This post in an open forum could slip down the page quickly and maybe someone who doesn't check posts in The Lounge everyday, may not see it. Might help avoid some misunderstanding, confusion or something.

Posts: 4698 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Once they notice their avatars aren't showing up, I'm sure they'll investigate.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
You are, and I just did. Hope it works.

ETA: Well it works for new posts but not for old ones.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
For whatever reason, avatars sometimes don't update in older threads. I can go through my post history and see as many as two or three prior avatars still being shown.

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
I think avatars in a thread update when someone (anyone) posts to that thread.

You can prove this to yourself by making a dummy post, e,g. “testing...”, then deleting the dummy post.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8946 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
^^^^^^
I think avatars in a thread update when someone (anyone) posts to that thread.

You can prove this to yourself by making a dummy post, e,g. “testing...”, then deleting the dummy post.
It may only work for updates to a page.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Avatars populate the forum on their own. You don't notice it because you don't change your avatar frequently like I do; however, I know that my most current avatars will be applied to posts or threads that date back months and are long dead. It's just that some posts get ignored for some reason.