SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Took a short video of bees in my Garden
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Took a short video of bees in my Garden Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted
I have a small garden of one Tomato plant and 4 pepper plants, this is the one flowering plant.

Don't remember what the plant is, perhaps someone here will know. Has Purple stem of flowers and the bees love it, they are constantly at the blooms.

It was put in to attract the bees so the fruit/veggie plants would be pollinated which seems to be working. After winter it was cut back to the nub and it has grown back quite well.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?...Y3Y&feature=youtu.be

Posts: 23504 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
Beautiful color, I am a fan of bee's photographed in flight. Thanks for sharing. John

Posts: 2877 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Update, the floral is May Night Sage

Salvia x sylvestris 'May Night'

Tall spikes of indigo blue flowers top compact mounds of soft, green foliage. This showy perennial is excellent for mixed borders, flower beds and patio containers. Thrives in areas where spring and summer nights remain cool. An herbaceous perennial.

Posts: 23504 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
Beautiful video, thank you for posting it here.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Thank you. That probably just lowered my blood pressure several points. I really like watching nature work.
I long for the day I can sit on my porch and watch the cows graze across the pasture. Instead of glancing at them on the way to/from work and feverishly chasing them around on weekends and days off.

Posts: 6307 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Last year I messaged a short video of bees at work among flowers a friend planted. She was in another state and had not been doing well. But seeing nature has a way of waking up feelings that everything is OK; she reacted favorably.

I'd sure rather maintain an apiary than an aquarium!

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
Nice, thanks for sharing.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post