SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Buckeye Shooting Center: Scam? Or Legit?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buckeye Shooting Center: Scam? Or Legit? Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
I get emails from Buckeye Shooting Center, advertising their sale items.

Today's specials include a combo deal: Kahr CW9 and Kahr rescue knive, for $199

I have never bought anything from this business, I assume that they're legit, but really don't know anything about them.

Two hundred bucks seems to be a VERY low price for a Kahr pistol with an MSRP of $495.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31490 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
The one in Ohio has a real address and seems to be primarily a range so it looks legit from that regard.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7908 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:

Did you sign up for their mailing list? If not, unsolicited (spam) e-mails sound like a red flag.

Posts: 28756 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
Did you sign up for their mailing list? If not, unsolicited (spam) e-mails sound like a red flag.
I did, a while ago, when I was looking at a J-Frame that they had.

Two hundred bucks for a Kahr pistol that has an MSRP of $495 sounds like one of those things that's too good to be true, which is why I'm posing the question: is this place a scam? or legit?

Any of our Ohio members have any personal knowledge of this place?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31490 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
FWIW, I could not find hide nor hair concerning that sale anywhere, including their website.

Posts: 7416 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
FWIW, I could not find hide nor hair concerning that sale anywhere, including their website.
Clicking on the Kahr offer in the email message takes me here:

https://ezgunz.com/shooting-sp...ba-af02-03b9f9dec915

If it's a scam, it doesn't look like a mail order scam; the website says "Available for pick-up" and shows the address of Buckeye Shooting Center in Newark Ohio.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I think you are right. I don't get a bad feeling from that page. I'd still want to do a small order first to reassure myself.

Those Kahr's have been around for a while and the competition they face in the concealable market has become pretty fierce in the last few years, particularly from Sig. I think they are blowing out their inventory, so I totally believe the price.

Posts: 7416 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
"ezgunz.com" is the link you provided, but there is an actual website for "Buckeye Shooting Center" and the two sites look very different.

I think it is a fake site mimicking BSC.

The EZGUNZ site uses a "contact form" and the BSC site lists their actual email address to contact them.

The EZGUNZ site also shows at the bottom "© 2024 Gearfire & Buckeye Shooting Center - All Rights Reserved" and the BSC site shows "Property of Buckeye Shooting Center ALL Rights Reserved

Copyright © 2024. All rights reserved."

So, I looked up "Gearfire" and find it is also partnered with Gunbroker in May, who was purchased by AMMO Inc. in 2021.

The email might be legit, but I would be calling BCS direct and inquire and never trust an email if it purposes to come form one entity, but traces back to another unless their is crystal clear transparency all around.

I will not part with my bananas easily*.

* (except if it is with the wimmins, they are Kryptonite, so I must avoid them at every turn now...)

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44507 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
dang. over two hours away. wish it was closer so i could check it out for you.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8180 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
"ezgunz.com" is the link you provided, but there is an actual website for "Buckeye Shooting Center" and the two sites look very different.

I think it is a fake site mimicking BSC.
I have a gut feeling that there's a scam, but I can't figure out how it works, because the ezgunz website states that the Kahr is available for pickup at Buckeye. Presumably, a buyer could appear at Buckeye with bananas in hand to trade for the Kahr.

If it's legit, I'll bet that Buckeye and ezgunz have some sort of corporate link.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
If you don't mind, send me the email.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44507 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's less than what they want for a pink Bersa Thunder

Posts: 4417 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
If you don't mind, send me the email.
It's on the way. Subject line is "Fwd: Staccato, S&W, FN, and More"

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
It appears to be legit.

EZGUNZ and Buckeye Shooting Center are the same outfit.

posted Hide Post
Sometimes a larger shop can order a gun in bulk and receive a discount so they pass along the savings to the buyer. There's a shop in my area that in the past had a pallet full of AR15's and were selling them for a great price because they received a discount from the manufacturer which was passed on to the consumer. Best way to tell if its a scam or not is to call the gun shop and verify the price.

Posts: 1733 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
Everything I can find says legit. Smoking deal on a CW-9. I did find that deal on their website.

Posts: 4102 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Or a standard bait and switch operation.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8946 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post