SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whew. Thought I'd lost that wrench forever!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whew. Thought I'd lost that wrench forever! Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
A while back, I was down by the stream doing a little cleaning up and had a small problem with the Cabota. Nothing serious, grabbed my adjustable wrench out of the tool box and tightened up the fitting, all good.

But...I dropped the damn wrench. In sawgrass and cattails as tall as the tractor. Looked everywhere, couldn't find the darn thing.

About that time, the neighbor's hound, Mace, showed up. She was nosing around in the grass, pulling up a few mouthfuls (apparently her tummy was upset) and damned if she didn't come up with the wrench!

A grazing Mace
How sweet the hound
that saved a wrench for me!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15237 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dirty Boat Guy
Picture of parallel
posted Hide Post
Stolen! Big Grin

A penny saved is a government oversight.

Posts: 6708 | Location: New Orleans Area | Registered: January 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
Hate it when I loose my metric wrench!

That pup deserves a treat

Cheers~

Posts: 905 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
musta been working on a 10mm bolt....

Posts: 23461 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parallel:
Stolen! Big Grin

I can't claim credit for that. Personalized a bit, but it's been around.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15237 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dirty Boat Guy
Picture of parallel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:
Originally posted by parallel:
Stolen! Big Grin

I can't claim credit for that. Personalized a bit, but it's been around.

Yeah... I tweeked it a bit myself. I don't own a tractor, so my problem was with a motorcycle, and the "hound" belonged to "someone" who called her Mace. Wink

A penny saved is a government oversight.

Posts: 6708 | Location: New Orleans Area | Registered: January 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post