SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Apple phones undo function and how you activate it
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apple phones undo function and how you activate it Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted
Yesterday I FINALLY discovered that Apple phones do indeed have an undo function. My screen is cracked right now which makes typing difficult at times. I hit the wrong button which stated as series of errors resulting in me pasting something I didn’t mean to paste. I quickly shook my phone almost like I was going to throw it but pulled back from pitching it and to my amazement the programmers at apple designed the undo button to be activated by you shaking your phone. When I glanced at the screen there was a pop up on my screen asking me if I wanted to undo the last action.

Ok Apple that’s pretty damn cool.

Did you know that is how you activate the undo function on your iPhone? Has anyone else discovered it accidentally?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
I've discovered this function by accident in the past, however I was never able to replicate it when I actually need it....

I wonder if there's a none "physical" way to activate this.

Posts: 10833 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I turn it off because it’s too sensitive. If I lower my arm after typing it asks me if I want to undo.

I often measure lawns and when I record it the undo becomes annoying.

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I kind of knew about it. Now that you mention it I vaguely recall reading about it after getting a new phone or an iOS upgrade or something, but I'd forgotten about it. This led me to wondering why the Undo requester would occasionally pop up

quote:
Originally posted by darkest2000:
I've discovered this function by accident in the past, however I was never able to replicate it when I actually need it....

I just tested it on my SE (2020). Sent myself an email, deleted it, gave the phone a sharp shake, and, sure enough, the requester popped-up.

Even cooler: If you (accidentally) hit "Cancel" instead of "Undo," you can shake again and the requester pops up again.

Yeah: Pretty cool Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Shaken, not stirred.

Ok I got it.

Thanks

Posts: 11847 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Oh!!! I just tried it, and it works great for me!

My thanks to you stickman.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8958 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Learned something new. I also have activated it accidently.

Posts: 1971 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
You have got to be kidding? They ripped off Ohio Art's Etch a Sketch? Just when I thought iOS couldn't get clunkier.

Posts: 10950 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Checked mine and, yes, I have the undo function. I actually think I have seen that before, can't remember when/why, but I never used it, it just appeared.

Not sure someone like me would use it, but....

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Stockman, did you know when typing, if you hold the space bar down, the letters on the keyboard disappear and it becomes a cursor. That’s the most valuable function I have learned.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Holy smokes! THANK YOU Beancooker. I did not know that function. That’s definitely going to save me a few headaches.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post