SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What will you have on your hot dog?
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What will you have on your hot dog? Login/Join 
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Ketchup, mustard and onions. But it's got to be kosher.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
As with most things in life, simple is best. We make our own hot dogs but Hebrew Nationals will work in a pinch.

Steamed slaw dog.

1) Cole slaw: again, simple is best. Shredded cabbage, healthy amount of your favorite mayo (yes, we make our own). The slaw should be moderately wet. Salt and pepper to taste.

2) Grill dogs. When done, stick in a bun, cover with slaw and wrap tightly in aluminum foil. Stack wrapped dogs back on grill that is off but still decently warm for 5-10 minutes to steam.

Enjoy. Took a long time to convince my wife to leave it alone at this point. Now she won't eat them any other way.

Mark

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
Mustard on the Dog then Coney Sauce then onions
in that order please.
If i am Someplace that offers Chicago Style then that is the way i roll

Posts: 1604 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I'm a basic mustard and relish guy. I have tried cole slaw on the dog and it was good. Not very exciting, eh!

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3398 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
did not see it mentioned here , but there is a guy in Arizona,
that gets mayonnaise on his hot dog

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54644 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another way I like them is 30 seconds in a deep fryer. Cover in mayo and catsup. Awesome!

Two things bring me to tears. The unconditional Love of God,the service of the United States Military,past,present,and future.

I would rather meet
a slick-sleeve private,
than a hollywood star!

Posts: 2339 | Registered: February 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Skyline Coney's, with a 5 way on the side...

Mini Dogs, chili, onions and cheese, with hot sauce added as desired.....

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
did not see it mentioned here , but there is a guy in Arizona that gets mayonnaise on his hot dog

I like mayo on mine, too.

Mayo, a little ketchup, and lots of raw onion. I also like mayo, chili, and onion.

My husband is horrified by mayo on a hotdog. Razz

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

let me guess ,you told him that AFTER he proposed
Big Grin

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54644 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
My smokin' hot wife makes a mean Cincinnati chili, but have never had it on a dog. Will put it on the short list

BTW, we did have dogs for supper last night, the two tax write offs only eat Oscar Meyer cheese dogs, yuk. And they eat them plain Frown

The wife and I had Nathan's bun length, kept it simple with Vidalia onion, ketchup and mustard, yellow on one and Dijon on the other. Was gut

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Was that you
or the dog?
Picture of SHOOTIN BLANKS
posted Hide Post
I'll have a Portillo's dog if I have my choice. But if I'm making it at home, I steam a fresh bun, use a quality dog such as Nathan's, any good stone ground mustard such as Plochman's, and coarsly diced onion, preferably Vidalia.

For a crowd this time of year I'll dump a bunch of dogs in an aluminum pad with a generous amount of Sauerkraut and seal with foil. Either oven or a low grill for a while to soften the kraut and to let the dogs swim a bit in the briney goodness. Hit them with mustard. Great for game days.

Posts: 1634 | Location: PA | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
Chili and slaw on my dog, with a little mustard.

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
Ketchup and minced onions, good sir...unless skyline chilly, minced onions, and cheese is an option.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5542 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Prefer majo/yellow mustard/diced white onion/plain dog or dog in sauerkraut with mayo/yellow mustard and diced onion. ............... drill sgt.

Posts: 2008 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dwood4
posted Hide Post
Onions, plenty of onions. And chili.

Posts: 543 | Registered: November 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SHOOTIN BLANKS:
I'll have a Portillo's dog if I have my choice. But if I'm making it at home, I steam a fresh bun, use a quality dog such as Nathan's, any good stone ground mustard such as Plochman's, and coarsly diced onion, preferably Vidalia.

For a crowd this time of year I'll dump a bunch of dogs in an aluminum pad with a generous amount of Sauerkraut and seal with foil. Either oven or a low grill for a while to soften the kraut and to let the dogs swim a bit in the briney goodness. Hit them with mustard. Great for game days.

Everything in this post is correct!

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Slice of american cheese on the bottom melted on toasted a top sliced bun; super light yellow mustard/ketchup; homemade chili; shredded cheddar, diced onions. Dogs smoked or grilled over apple/pecan wood.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
#1 - Mustard (spicy is best), onions and sauerkraut on a grilled polish dog

#2 - Chili, onions and shredded cheddar on a grilled polish dog

Posts: 4019 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
Sauerkraut and spicy mustard.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've put bunches of stuff on hot dogs over the years but nothing is as good as a good ole hot dog on a bun with some yellow mustard.

For a side nothing beats some plain ole Lays potato chips.

Sometimes simple is the best.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post