SIGforum
What will you have on your hot dog?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/8670057474

September 20, 2020, 12:52 AM
parabellum
What will you have on your hot dog?
How ya dressin' it? You want Reese's Pieces? Creamed corn? You got it, though I wouldn't recommend either. The point is you can have whatever you want.

Really, what'll ya have on your dog?

You will want hot dogs today. Yes, you can have more than one.

Sides? How 'bout sides? If you say steak, I'll give you such a pinch.
September 20, 2020, 12:58 AM
bozman
Skyline Chili, Onions, Mustard and an heap of finely shredded Cheddar Cheese please.

For the sides... Diet Coke and Coleslaw.

The "Boz"
September 20, 2020, 01:00 AM
Redhookbklyn
Chili, mustard and onions is my current go to with hot dogs.

Back in a previous life it was sauerkraut, Sabrett onions in tomato sauce and mustard. The hot dog would have been a dirty water dog from a NYC vending cart.

Coleslaw for a side dish.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

September 20, 2020, 01:01 AM
TRIO
My favorite is mustard and diced raw white onions. Second choice is chili (without beans).

--Tom
The right of self preservation, in turn, was understood as the right to defend oneself against attacks by lawless individuals, or, if absolutely necessary, to resist and throw off a tyrannical government.
September 20, 2020, 01:07 AM
Copefree
Grilled onions, mustard, and ketchup.

September 20, 2020, 01:09 AM
bendable
#1: Plochmans mustard , 50/50 chili ,fresh shredded cheddar cheese.

#2 : onion, sauerkraut, Plochmans mustard, Heinz catsup .

Hires root beer on ice,
Thanks

Both on a poppy seed roll

Served on a cardboard tray , five rows deep behind the third base dug out,
On a 70 degree, sunny day .

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first
September 20, 2020, 01:11 AM
Pale Horse
Raw diced onions and shredded cheddar cheese.

But the bun matters more than the toppings.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014
September 20, 2020, 01:14 AM
bigdeal
Chicago dog all the way please. I could crush a couple of those right now. And no sides necessary. Just a tall glass of ice cold beer.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter
September 20, 2020, 01:17 AM
benny6
My wife is Brazilian, so she makes them Brazilian style. She boils the hot dogs in water with a can of tomato paste. She adds sliced onions and bell peppers with the boil.

After the dogs are done, I personally use mayo on the bottom, then the dog, then the bell peppers and onions, topped off with canned corn (cold), Ketchup and drizzled with shoestring fries. My mom like to add relish as well, but I save relish for American dogs.

Looks a lot like this...

Just do a search on Brazilian hot dogs to see a different take.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com
September 20, 2020, 01:35 AM
Hamden106
Just plain mustard. All that other stuff distracts from a quality dog. And not too much mustard.

Good dogs are at the lunch wagon in front of Jerry's in Eugene. http://betterheadforjerrys.com/

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished
September 20, 2020, 01:53 AM
sigalert
While I appreciate the simplicity of the mustard only crowd, a true Chicago dog is a thing of beauty. While it looks too busy and complicated, the balance of flavor and texture is perfect.

Just dive in and don’t be afraid of making a mess.

Now I’m hungry.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson
September 20, 2020, 02:28 AM
jgerge222
Mustard,sweet relish,diced onions and shredded sharp cheddar on mine please. Sides of Bush's bourbon beans, crispy crinkle cut fries,and an ice cold Coke.
September 20, 2020, 02:29 AM
mod29
Chopped sweet onions, sweet relish and mustard. Hell, now I'm hungry!
September 20, 2020, 02:34 AM
P220 Smudge
German brown mustard and chopped white onions. Sometimes sauerkraut, sometimes horseradish. Too much of any of that and the bun turns to mush. Nobody wants mushy buns.

September 20, 2020, 02:40 AM
CQB60
I like coleslaw on my dogs on occasion

September 20, 2020, 03:53 AM
flashguy
quote:
Originally posted by Hamden106:
Just plain mustard. All that other stuff distracts from a quality dog. And not too much mustard.
Yep. Just French's classic yellow mustard. I boil the dogs in water and then broil them in the oven, toasting the bun in the oven, too.

I do like sauerkraut on the side, though (but not on the dog).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth
September 20, 2020, 03:57 AM
tleddy
I am with the big deal-Chicago dog all the way!

No quarter
.308/.223
September 20, 2020, 04:31 AM
92fstech
Depends on the day.

I like a good chilli dog with cheese and onions, but some days I want mustard, ketchup, relish, and onions. I also like a good Chicago dog, or one with saurkraut and onions with some dijon mustard. I'm pretty ecumenical with my hot dogs, but they've gotta have toppings...the more the better.
September 20, 2020, 04:34 AM
Appliance Brad
Brown mustard and fresh horseradish. Basket of crisp fries And some vinegar coleslaw

September 20, 2020, 05:02 AM
jigray3
Mustard and chili, please. Sometimes a spicy deli mustard like Guldens, and once in a while diced onions, but a fat meaty dog and the right chili flavor is everything. Griddle cooked is best, grill is ok.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman