SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FINAL UPDATE ON PAGE 17...Prayers for my wife...
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 26
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FINAL UPDATE ON PAGE 17...Prayers for my wife... Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Hang tough, this too shall pass. Prayers and best wishes.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7889 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'll use the Red Key
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Encouraging news, prayers for your wife!

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3819 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Continued prayers headed your way. May the Lord bless the Doctors hands and mind and prayers for a total and complete recovery for your wife.

"Shoot lower, Sheriff, They're ridin' shetlands"
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?

Posts: 1360 | Location: S.E. Wi. | Registered: October 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Certainly continued prayers your way, and thanks for the update..

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
May God bless you both as she goes forward with her treatment in Cleveland.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Great to hear about the very innovative care received at Cleveland Clinic. The chief of cardiology there was in my intern group in training; he was much more ambitious and hard-working than I.

Cleveland Clinic is generally thought to provide the best cardiac care in the US if not the world.

Posts: 18383 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update, BBH. Sounds encouraging. You and your wife remain in my thoughts and prayers.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
I'm confident that this is just the first of several pieces of good news coming. More prayers sent!

Posts: 4568 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
More prayers sent

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I truly hope for the best for your wife.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34419 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katndog
posted Hide Post
prayers sent

Posts: 2638 | Location: CT | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Today the heart surgeon had a device flown in from California along wit another doctor/company rep from its maker to attempt to unblock the clots in her lungs...tho large clots are blocking two main veins 100%...

With this device they attempted to nibble and suck the clots...they were unsuccessful to take any clot out...it was a failure Frown

Their only course left was to place a slow drip medication/clot buster with a ultrasonic catheter into the clot hopefully to dissolve it enough that another attempt to suck them out...this will be tomorrow and is her last hope...if this does not work it is not likely another attempt will be made...she has had little bleeding so far clot busting meds (a hemmorage is a great possibility using this medicine)...if she starts to bleed, that is something they can't stop and it will be fatal...she and I agreed that there will be no long term life support if it looks like our time has come...the rest of our children and family support our decisions if that time comes...

We are still praying for a miracle tomorrow and they can open her lungs up by removing the clots...we are both believers in Jesus Christ and know that what happens will be in his will for her...our faith in God strengthened by your and many others prayers on her behalf, have allowed our family to bear the burden of this roller-coaster ride we have been on 600 miles from home.

Tomorrow we will see where we are in all this...she is in induced coma so she knows nothing of the battle to heal her and save her life...her surgeon said the what she has been through would have already killed 99 out of a hundred...she is a strong gal...she keeps me in line so she has to be Big Grin

Proverbs 3:5–6

5. Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
6. In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will direct your paths.

Keep praying friends Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10592 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try to stay strong. I'll pray for both of you.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9379 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
You both have my prayer and respect for your faith and strength. God Bless you both.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19769 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost Allman Brother
Picture of S600MBUSA
posted Hide Post
She's come this far - I just get the feeling that she's meant to make it all the way through this.

I'm expecting to hear good news tomorrow! Smile

-Winston Churchill, writing of the Pashtun

Posts: 3989 | Location: Holly Springs/Canton, GA | Registered: November 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Vino Veritas
Picture of Jaycat
posted Hide Post
Prayers for you both.

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun!!!

Posts: 1047 | Location: Clarksville TN | Registered: November 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted Hide Post
Still praying.

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." -- Ronald Reagan, Farewell Address, Jan. 11, 1989

Si vis pacem para bellum
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
Feeding Trolls Since 1995

Posts: 18040 | Registered: February 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
My prayers are with you both and all of your family.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Praying for your wife

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31451 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Continued Prayers.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post