SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    concert or event ticket purchasing, is anyone planning stuff for the summer
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

concert or event ticket purchasing, is anyone planning stuff for the summer Login/Join 
posted
there are two events I'd like to take Bonnie too this summer, late may and June.

but the restrictions are just to cut and dried.
see here:
https://www.adlertheatre.com/ticket-info/

I don't feel comfortable giving them cash for a giant maybe/ what if
situation.

are you making plans and buying tickets?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54712 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would not buy tickets for any event until the state it occurs in is fully reopened with no restrictions. Too much chance for something to force you into a cancellation and trying to get your money back.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
Um yeah NO !

It's way too early to purchase. This is not the airline industry supported by the government with a full refund policy.

It's still a wait and see as the performers don't even know what area's they can tour.

I think Lefty has the correct response.

Yes - I'll be going this next summer IF things open like I HOPE.

Cheers~

Posts: 907 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
Before COVID, I bought a meet and greet package for my with and I to see Pat Benatar. I got the insurance on the tickets, but since it's considered "postponed" and not "cancelled" the tickets are currently in limbo.

I'd hold off before buying any new tickets yet.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3356 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
I missed 3 shows last summer due to The Cooties,

got refunds on all, but one will likely not tour in this area ever again (King Crimson,, they have not toured in VA that I know of in a long long time,

I'm seeing some bands I follow tour in Europe, or announce dates, but nothing in this area or the US that I can see

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10436 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gibb:
but since it's considered "postponed" and not "cancelled" the tickets are currently in limbo.

Ditto. I had $600 worth of tickets to concerts last summer, which were "postponed" as well. Now I'm out $600, and stuck with supposedly having tickets reserved for when/if they're rescheduled for this summer. I've basically just written it off at this point, because even if they're rescheduled sometime in 2021, it'll probably be postponed again to 2022.

No way I'd buy tickets for anything right now until you're 100% sure it's going to happen. Which probably won't be anytime soon.

Posts: 32562 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
no. My aunt got the covid, ventilator, then death. No interest and I'll wait a good while until "all clear" before I even think about it.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12661 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Yes. My wife and I have front row tickets to see Whiskey Myers and the Steel Woods on May 15. If it doesn’t work out, it doesn’t work out. Until then, really looking forward to, what promises to be a great show.

Posts: 13303 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pistolria
posted Hide Post
Yes, I have a few concerts slated for the summer. One is in April. But all have refund policies should Covid still be present.

Posts: 674 | Location: Jacksonville Beach, FL | Registered: July 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve been paying the “ticket insurance” just in case. Figure better to be out $20 instead of hundreds

I got full refund from Ticketmaster because of which on the King Crimson tickets I’d bought

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6237 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
Nope. I still have tickets for postponed shows that may or may not happen at some random point in the future. I won't be buying a thing until they can open back up with no restrictions.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3519 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
We haven't been to a concert in many years. If the cancellation of 2021 outdoor summer events like car shows is any indication, we won't be spending money on anything but more freezer meat...and maybe toilet paper if/when it's again on the shelves.

It sure would be nice to get some normalcy in our lives.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:
I’ve been paying the “ticket insurance” just in case. Figure better to be out $20 instead of hundreds

I got full refund from Ticketmaster because of which on the King Crimson tickets I’d bought

I'm still bummed that I will miss seeing them,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10436 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Weaseldriver
posted Hide Post
Was planning on spending last summer in Norway, Sweden and Finland. Been all over the world but never there. Will try again this year.

Posts: 468 | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Weaseldriver:
Was planning on spending last summer in Norway, Sweden and Finland. Been all over the world but never there. Will try again this year.

I feel your pain. We also love world travel (we're in our "golden years") but 2020 was a bust. This article may help you plan, but the rules change often and on short notice.

https://thepointsguy.com/guide...oronavirus-recovery/

Posts: 15912 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Just like others have said no way I’d buy anything. I’m stuck with tickets in limbo from summer of 2020 as well. Guess they need the money more than I do. I even gave up my Dallas Stars season tickets because they wanted me to pay full amount then they’d figure out how the season and ticketing would work... yeah I don’t think so

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Yup. I am in the boat of having just over $400 being held hostage by Ticketmaster.
Our June 5th 2020 Elton John concert just got bumped back again till April 2022!!

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25452 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
I got $1k back from Ticketmaster I had tied up for Pearl Jam and Foo Fighters last year. One of the things I miss the most is live music.

I have sort of forgotten about making plans for anything. I will take some road trips for mountain biking and fishing, but I don't have concert plans anytime soon.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1893 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope. I just don't believe there will be any medium to large venues hosting much this summer. I had tickets to see Elton John with my wife and The Rolling Stones with my three sons last summer and hate it that we didn't get to either of those events. I went ahead and took advantage of getting the refunds when they offered them. I wouldn't rule out attending something this summer if things simmer down but I'm not laying out cash ahead of time.

Posts: 181 | Location: Central Missouri | Registered: October 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
My wife and I had tickets to see Iron Maiden in Lisbon Portugal and Barcelona Spain last July. Tbe shows got postponed until June of this year. I don't think they will put them off again, I think they will cancel even tho tickets are still for sale.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post