SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Win 10 update freezes Chrome. UPDATE: FIXED!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Win 10 update freezes Chrome. UPDATE: FIXED! Login/Join 
Picture of cne32507
posted
Fairly new Lenovo, yesterday I updated Windows 10 Home to V 10.0.15063 Build 15063.

Chrome opens, browses, then locks up. Uninstalled/reinstalled Chrome (soft uninstall), same thing.

What's going on? I am posting this on Edge.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cne32507,

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
Can you post your computer specs or model?

Continue searching for and installing windows updates until the search comes back and says your computer is up to date.

I use Revo Uninstaller, "free", to uninstall things. It cleans up all the left over folders, files, and registry entries.

Get it here:
https://www.revouninstaller.co...r_free_download.html

After doing all the Windows 10 updates you can. Install Chrome if it's not already, and then use Revo Unistaller to remove it completely. Reboot, and then install chrome. See if it's working any better.

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1788 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
I don't know what Win10 kept re: prior version functionality, but if it still has System Restore functionality, it might be worth trying to revert to the prior restore point while Redmond and Mountain View figure this out.

Posts: 15144 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
Thanks, xantom. Seems to have calmed down today. If I have any more freezes, I'll use CCCleaner to uninstall.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
mine updated this morning to 15063.332 and chrome seems to be fine for me (It's been a little over an hour since the update completed).

Running a Lenovo t430.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
--Adam Savage, MythBusters

Posts: 1766 | Location: Red Wing, MN | Registered: January 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
I think I've got the bastard now! It froze on Edge browser also; not just Chrome. This finally sunk into my thick skull and I checked for Network Adapter updates. Sure 'nuff, the two devices had updates available.