SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Walgreens or CVS for rx’s
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walgreens or CVS for rx’s Login/Join 
posted
Since my heart issue I have had to take a few different rx’s and I have always used Walgreens.

I got a call the other day asking if I would like to receive all my RX updates at the same time so I didn’t have to make individual trips. I said sure thing sounds great.

Well I had a not on my door when I got home and it says it needed a signature so the UPS dropped of my package at CVS.

I didn’t think about who was calling me about combining my rx’s I just figured it was Walgreens since they had all my info.

I guess CVS kinda pulled a fast one.

What I would really like to know is are the two stores basically the same prices or which one is cheaper. If CVS is cheaper I might just go with them since they are literally within eyesight of each other.

Posts: 3930 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Shop prices is what I do. Also look at pricing using GoodRX. Many of my drugs are cheaper using GRX even with insurance drug plans.

Also check pricing often as pricing changes.

Posts: 18046 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
You have to call and check, some will tell you, others want the script on file to tell you.

Costco always has been upfront on prices, find they along with Publix are generally less expensive.

Posts: 23512 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
“CVS” and “cheaper” should never be used in a sentence together…LOL

Everything I see at CVS is so insanely overpriced, I still cannot figure out how they stay in business.

Posts: 33834 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
+ for Costco.
I use there mail order and delivery.
Costco sends the prescriptions automatically (if I choose) when its time for a refill.

Posts: 4633 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
Check with your insurance, they may have a deal with a pharmacy.

In my case, Aetna is owned by CVS. I require minimal prescription and they are all provided at no cost.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 720 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SPWAMike0317:
Check with your insurance, they may have a deal with a pharmacy.

In my case, Aetna is owned by CVS. I require minimal prescriptions and they are all provided at no cost.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 720 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
We switched from CVS to Walgreens due to CVS service just absolutely sucking .

Went across the street and have only had one issue-Mrs. mikes estrogen patch isn’t available thru them-so we have to make a trip to the other corner and get it from Wal-Mart.

Did I mention CVS sucks donkey balls? They do.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11295 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have you tried mail order?? Never leave your house for 90 day prescriptions. Generally cheaper.

Posts: 17252 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I don't see a location for you. If you are in an area served by Publix (southeastern U.S.), they are generally the best bet.

Costco is also good. You do not have to be a Costco member to use their pharmacy.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30705 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
If insurance is paying then I would see who they prefer I guess. Might lower your co-pay. But if you're buying then Mustang Pa Pa was spot on. Goodrx everytime you refill. Find who has the deal and move your prescription there. Move it somewhere else if the next refill is less expensive somewhere else. PITA for sure.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5689 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
For continuing prescriptions I get them by mail from Express Scripts (via Tricare For Life). I use a local Walgreen's for temporary scripts.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Been using WalMart for over 20 years. The same location. I know most of the pharmacy tecs and pharmacists many who call me by name. The vast majority of what I get is zero co-pay and if not, it's very reasonable so pricing hasn't been an issue.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Costco or Walmart. I have a Neighborhood Walmart (grocery & pharmacy only) nearby so I selected a USAA prescription insurance for my wife that is tied into Walmart for pricing. For me I use the VA.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4277 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I don't see a location for you. If you are in an area served by Publix (southeastern U.S.), they are generally the best bet.

Costco is also good. You do not have to be a Costco member to use their pharmacy.

I didn’t know you didn’t need to be a member. I might have to check into this.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Posts: 3930 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
Shop prices is what I do. Also look at pricing using GoodRX. Many of my drugs are cheaper using GRX even with insurance drug plans.

Also check pricing often as pricing changes.

When I first heard of GoodRX, I couldn't understand why Walgreens, CVS and others were so willing to steer customers to GoodRX. I suspected they were selling our prescription data. Turns out, that is exactly what they have been doing. They have set it up to be too good for most people to pass up because of the artificially jacked up prices.

GoodRx Saves Money on Meds—It Also Shares Data With Google, Facebook, and Others

https://www.consumerreports.or...-others-a6177047589/

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4833 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Costco if available. Have used GoodRx in some cases.

Posts: 1454 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You might just look into Sam's Club pharmacy if you have one close by.....just an idea.

Posts: 6628 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
“CVS” and “cheaper” should never be used in a sentence together…LOL

Everything I see at CVS is so insanely overpriced, I still cannot figure out how they stay in business.

Amen!

Seriously, use GoodRx. I haven’t used my Rx insurance once since I started using it. There’s always a pharmacy/pharma coupon that takes whatever I’m looking for to less than what my copay would be.

CVS (which you’ll see listed right in the GoodRx app) is going to be the most expensive (sometimes by 9-10x!) almost every time.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16272 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

I didn’t know you didn’t need to be a member.
I think that the pharmacy is the only thing at Costco where you do not need to be a Costco member. Well, one other thing -- at the Costco location near my house, the food court is outside of the building, so anybody, Costco member or not, can walk up and get a hot dog and soft drink for $1.50.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30705 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post