SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bed sheets. What do we like? Egyption? Bamboo? Is thread count that important?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bed sheets. What do we like? Egyption? Bamboo? Is thread count that important? Login/Join 
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1967Goat:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I sleep on blankets made from the skins of unborn lambs.

Ewwwwww

Ewwwwwwwe

Fixed it for you. Razz

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6740 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mojojojo:
quote:
Originally posted by 1967Goat:
quote:

Ewwwwww

Ewwwwwwwe

Fixed it for you. Razz

That is baad pun.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
$30 (King) Nautica Microfiber from Sams. Or might be London Fog.
Super soft and cheap. Just as soft as some high thread counts I paid 10x as much for.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25454 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
quote:
You sleep on vellum?

Posts: 4820 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
This topic came up last year. Somebody recommended an Ebay seller. I ordered that and am very pleased. They were quite inexpensive.

I can't recall the Ebay seller.

I think the member here who recommended that was, darn it I forgot his screen name, it my have been the out of jersey into Utah guy who works on a ship.

Posts: 11868 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingfoot
posted Hide Post
We have the Cariloha sheets, very comfortable but they do shrink and fade. They back their product up and will send you a new set but you will have to return your old ones.

Posts: 1843 | Location: Peachtree City, GA | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
Go with Pima cotton instead of Egyptian. The Egyptian cotton that we get isn't the famed long fiber stuff. It's the low grade stuff that they don't keep for themselves. Pima cotton is good long fiber cotton that is as good as or better than the best Egyptian.

Posts: 8274 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never thought of it. My wife buys sheets - they go on the bed - I sleep on them.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
Keeping an eye on this one. Had some for years that were made by sheex. Best darn sheets I ever had soft, light and cool. They were in the 300's in thread count if I remember correctly and cotton with a touch of spandex I think. Wish I could find something like that again.

I can't stand jersey, flannel or silky sateen.

I found a neat article on the old Grandmother's sheets of our childhoods and the webpage has some suggestions for sheets too.

http://grandmothershome.blogspot.com

http://grandmothershome.blogsp.../p/crisp-sheets.html

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Man. About fourteen posts before somone mentioned Costco. You guys are slipping.

Posts: 512 | Location: Pearland, Tx | Registered: June 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Uppster
posted Hide Post
I cannot tell any difference. When they dont feel good anymore, buy new.

God,Guns,Cars,& 1Wife, I would say I have it all.

Posts: 1448 | Location: Independence MO | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
This topic came up last year. Somebody recommended an Ebay seller. I ordered that and am very pleased. They were quite inexpensive.

I can't recall the Ebay seller.

I think the member here who recommended that was, darn it I forgot his screen name, it my have been the out of jersey into Utah guy who works on a ship.

Think you are referring to Balze Halze.

Posts: 1975 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.costco.com/Kirklan...oduct.100007331.html

they very the thread count through out the year.

I have 350, 500, 625 thread counts

maladat thanks for the explination

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54717 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post