SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Christmas Avatars
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Christmas Avatars Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted
Just updated to mine and thought I'd remind y'all

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23656 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dirty Boat Guy
Picture of parallel
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reminder! Smile

A penny saved is a government oversight.

Posts: 6708 | Location: New Orleans Area | Registered: January 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Good heads up!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30900 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
It would not be an exaggeration to say I have done nothing to note the approaching holiday. It is time. Let it begin!

Posts: 11432 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm into Christmas music up to my ears, so I'm prepping for the Season. I do have a Christmas avatar, but I can't remember where it is hosted. I usually post photos for web use on Flickr, but it doesn't work for avatars.

ETA: I see that the link to my Christmas avatar has just been posted by Woodman, so I'll update it now! (Thanks, Woodman!)

In case anyone is wondering--that IS a picture of me.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Put mine up on Saturday. Smile

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18091 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:

Thank you. I was wondering who was holding my avatars.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20023 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Rey. I also have yours, Phil's.

http://www.wootmonkey.com/uplo...1100515-261da364.gif
http://www.wootmonkey.com/uplo...1172543-ae5e2b2d.jpg

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44459 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Reminds me I have to get mine changed.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Well heck, I'll play.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
A Santa hat would look kind of cool on Harold. Big Grin

Posts: 28645 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Forum software won’t take images from post images still.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12931 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:

Forum software won’t take images from post images still.
The problem does not lie with SIGforum software; the problem is with postimage which, like many hosting sites, will not host an avatar. SIGforum software is quite happy to use an avatar image that is hosted on any reachable internet site, but many of the free services do not like the amount of bandwidth that is generated by hosting avatar images, so they will not host avatars.

I believe that ImageShack is one site that will host avatars; that is a paid service but the first 30 days are a free trial period so you could try it there with no initial cost.

If you do not want a paid service, several of our forum members have graciously offered to host avatars: Woodman hosts some, and sigmonkey hosts some. Communicate with one of them via the email address in their profile to make arrangements.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31385 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Anybody have trouble changing their on Imgur? I set up an account there JUST FOR my avatars. I see it showing just fine on Imgur, but it won't take when I try to change it. My old one (also hosted on imgur) works just fine. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21921 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
There are over a dozen threads on hosting avatars. Lots of good info in them that is up to date.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23656 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Testing. Thanks. I feel Christmassy already!

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20023 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
Malloy was the best dog ever..
We miss him greatly....

Thank you for the reminder..

Posts: 4410 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:

Howja do that?

Posts: 11437 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:

Howja do that?

Top left corner click Go
Go to Personal Zone
View/Edit Complete Profile
Scroll down to Avatar / Picture URL :
Edit
Custom Avatar
Paste link to pic
Update Avatar

I keep on mine on Photobucket..
Dimensions must be 60 X 60 pixels

I don't think you can upload them from a computer.
I think they have to be hosted somewhere..

Posts: 4410 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post