SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Apple Watch tech support please
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apple Watch tech support please Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted
I'm having an issue with my Ultra and my phone.

If I get a call, both will ring. However, when I get a text, only the watch will ring. The text will show up in a banner on my phone's screen, but no sound will come through to notify me. So...if I'm not wearing the watch, I don't know if I've gotten a text unless I look at my phone. Not good when I'm on call as my pages come through as texts.

Is there a way to correct this so that I'll get a sound notification on both when texts come through? I suppose that I could just turn the watch off completely when I'm not wearing it, but that seems like a pain.

And, no, I did not change any of the settings on my phone. All notifications are as they were before I got the watch...still turned on.

Posts: 20131 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
It’s been a while since I gave up my Apple Watch for a Garmin Fenix, but I recall the same issue and there was an easy fix somewhere in settings.

Apple is pretty seamless, someone here will probably be able to walk you through pretty easily.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12350 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
support.apple.com will take you to a link for support by telephone or chat (my preference, phone is not good because I'm hearing impaired).

Or you could call at (800) MY APPLE -- (800) 692-7753.

Support is free and usually pretty competent.

If you call, better to do it from a phone other than the one with the problem, as you will likely be messing around with the problem phone, so that could interfere with the dialogue with the support dude(tte).

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30730 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Last time I called Apple support, I spent 1/2 on hold. I was hoping to avoid spending the morning on the phone by seeing if anyone here knew a quick solution.

Posts: 20131 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The fix is in your phone. Change your settings in "Notifications."

Posts: 17150 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
The text will show up in a banner on my phone's screen, but no sound will come through to notify me.

Like I said, I stopped using the watch some time ago but I think your issue is a “Notifications” setting.

Try going into SETTINGS > NOTIFICATIONS > scroll down to MESSAGES and look at those settings,. Especially “SOUNDS”

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12350 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Well, finally got ahold of Apple Support. All of my notification settings are correct, but I need to do the latest update. She stated that that might be the issue. Guess I'll give that a whirl, even though it wasn't working even before the latest update was available.

:shrug: