SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dog bites increase for USPS
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dog bites increase for USPS Login/Join 
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ed Fowler:
This is hard to understand because the post office feeds this crap to their mailmen and to the public also.
Too bad I can remember when the mail man was my friend and my dogs liked him and anyone else in uniform, we all worked together. Sure there were a few jerks, but they did not last long.

You're a fool.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4635 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
Maybe if the postal workers on the streets didn't dress like homeless people delivering crack door to door the dogs would settle down a bit. Saw a guy the other day with shoulder length hair, Duck Commander style beard who look like he slept in his clothes for the past three days. UPS and FedEx have nothing to fear at all!

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3648 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:
quote:
Originally posted by Ed Fowler:
This is hard to understand because the post office feeds this crap to their mailmen and to the public also.
Too bad I can remember when the mail man was my friend and my dogs liked him and anyone else in uniform, we all worked together. Sure there were a few jerks, but they did not last long.

You're a fool.

Posts: 2405 | Location: Riverton Wyoming | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]
You're a fool.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
and you are a typical bureaucrat.

My first mail man made friends with my pups from the first day I had them, they ran to greet him.

He retired and the next mail man sprayed them with mace when they ran up to greet them.and from then on any mail man was fair game.

Posts: 2405 | Location: Riverton Wyoming | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mail delivery has not slowed down, at least where I work. Parcel shipment has increased greatly in the last few years, thus more mail carriers going to the door and putting themselves at risk.

Posts: 1989 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted Hide Post
5 years ago I did over $1,000 worth of business with the post office. This year I paid my box rent, and sent one package. Everything else is on line and UPS.

It is easy to avoid the post office, a few good guys remain, I feel sorry for them.

Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrvmax:
I just wish my carriers would learn to put mail in the correct box and stop giving my mail to my neighbors. You would think that the ability to deliver mail to the address on the parcel would be a job requirement but apparently that is not the case.

Carriers do make mistakes when sorting the mail but the real problem is the dishonest neighbor.

To test a neighbor, wait until some weekend they go out of town and then slip one of your magazines that looks unread and current into their mailbox. You will be surprised that the ones that keep the magazine.

And if you get the neighbors mail, you can usually figure were yours is going by the way it is sorted. Mine at both places is the lower street number for some reason.

I have let my subscriptions expire since it seems to have gotten worst this past year.

Posts: 11893 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jcsabolt2:
Maybe if the postal workers on the streets didn't dress like homeless people delivering crack door to door the dogs would settle down a bit. Saw a guy the other day with shoulder length hair, Duck Commander style beard who look like he slept in his clothes for the past three days. UPS and FedEx have nothing to fear at all!

The Muslims have taken over around here. Once in a while, you will find them in the street sitting on a piece of cardboard saying their daily prayers. Frown

Since Kevin has taken a job inside the PO, things have gone down hill. His last name was CROWE so I always let out a few crow calls when I saw him. Big Grin

Posts: 11893 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post